Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post
    I get it. I shouldn't have bought this ski. I should have dropped $10k on a new 4 stroke ski.

Unfortunately I did buy it and I am trying to get it running properly. If you can help me get it running I would appreciate the help.
    Hey, I've owned 22 'Skis, and believe me, there were some that were 'challenging'. I lost money on many of them.

You were unlucky enough to buy it as your first 'Ski. I bought a sailboat that was a complete disaster. I 'bonded' with it for a year or more before it was even safe to put in the water, and it cost me about 3 times what the boat was worth.

Once you get it running right, I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot. They're good boats. Ignore the naysayers!

2. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by TMiller View Post
    If it didnt act this way when you last rode it something had to have changed. Did you change anything when you did the repair? Cables maybe? Look down the carbs to see if the throttle plates are being held open at all.
    The rack is also synchronized, meaning there are adjustments so the 3 throttles open equally. I dont think you have an issue with that though.
    I haven't changed any cables. This was not a problem before I replaced the burnt piston.

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    I wouldn't run it this way, she will blow or hurt someone. Theres a massive airleak for it to run away like your decribing
    Ok, I won't. I have few more ideas to try but I think I'll be removing the carbs to inspect them again. Should the carb cleaner trick work if there is an air leak when the choke blades are almost fully closed? I sprayed it everywhere but it didn't seem to change the rpms at all. Should it make it slow down or rev up?

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Hey, I've owned 22 'Skis, and believe me, there were some that were 'challenging'. I lost money on many of them.

You were unlucky enough to buy it as your first 'Ski. I bought a sailboat that was a complete disaster. I 'bonded' with it for a year or more before it was even safe to put in the water, and it cost me about 3 times what the boat was worth.

Once you get it running right, I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot. They're good boats. Ignore the naysayers!
    Thanks! Hopefully I get it running right soon. I am close.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    [QUOTE=beekermartin;3029249]I haven't changed any cables. This was not a problem before I replaced the burnt piston.

You removed the motor..... Is the throttle cable set correctly? There should be a very small amount of slack to ensure the cable is not pulling the blades open at idle. Any large adjustments on the idle screw could require an adjustment on the cable slack. Check that the plates are closing all the way maybe something is holding them open. I mean that should be an easy thing to rule out.

6. +1 by:

[QUOTE=TMiller;3029257]
    I haven't changed any cables. This was not a problem before I replaced the burnt piston.

You removed the motor..... Is the throttle cable set correctly? There should be a very small amount of slack to ensure the cable is not pulling the blades open at idle. Any large adjustments on the idle screw could require an adjustment on the cable slack. Check that the plates are closing all the way maybe something is holding them open. I mean that should be an easy thing to rule out.
    I have checked the cable and it is set correctly. Tomorrow I am going to disconnect the cable bracket so there will be no pressure on the cable at all just to verify that isn't the issue. I am almost positive it isn't the problem but that will rule it out.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Well wasnt sure if youd checked that, just didnt want to overlook something simple. If the plates arent being held open then like has been said sounds like a leak. I would check over whatever you had apart when you replaced the cylinder since it didnt do this before.

9. +1 by:

maybe the reason why it didn't run away before is because it had a dead cylinder.maybe the reason for a hole in the piston is because of an air leak???

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Why does owning a 2 stroke ski suck?
    IDK maybe because it is 2019 ?

Quote Originally Posted by kartracer View Post
    IDK maybe because it is 2019 ?
    Yeah that makes sense your right!

+1
    If you can help me get it running I would appreciate the help.
    ---------------------------
    As I do in every one of my Posts here on this Bulletin Board - I ALWAYS send the seeker of information "Good Luck" - and you are indeed no exception.

Everyone including myself has offered prior knowledge and experience to you - as an example I advised you how to "prime" your new oil lines - others stated that the cases should be split when you "holed" a piston - yet it seems that you tend to circumvent that information which is shared with you - and ultimately do things your own way.

It may work, yet the Probability is high that it may "hole" a piston once again - if you are not able to isolate the original issue.

Once again - I wish you good luck and hope that you are able to at least enjoy some of your summer fun on this machine that you invested your time and money into - and not being a naysayer - I simply don't wish to have a garage or yard full of machines that belong in Davey Jones' Locker.

Good Luck !!!

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread Information