Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Most you cant read the serial number on the front yours you can
    Nice. Don't worry. I'll be the first to admit I should have listened to you guys if it destroys itself. I did look on eBay and a case sells for about $200. I would have to pay that much more for a reman as well if my case does pop a hole. Overall it is a $200 gamble for me. If I wanted to fix it 100% properly it would have cost me almost as much as as a reman and I still wouldn't have a warranty.

Again, wish me luck please!

+1
    Here:

These things are known for corroding and leaking. Better to fix it now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Water Pipe.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	300.0 KB 
ID:	450007  

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Here:

These things are known for corroding and leaking. Better to fix it now.
    Thank you for the heads up. Does anyone know what Rust-Oleum paint is close to matching? I used a silver paint I had hanging around to cover the rust spots under the cylinder supports but it doesn't match well.

+1
    Did you find out WHAT caused that piston to "hole" - if not the Probability is HIGH that this might just happen again - in rather short order.

Kawasaki is "sweetening" the deals NOW for summer fun.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Temp.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	450048  

Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Did you find out WHAT caused that piston to "hole" - if not the Probability is HIGH that this might just happen again - in rather short order.

Kawasaki is "sweetening" the deals NOW for summer fun.

Your not wrong but I am committed at this point. I am a tinkerer at heart and I am sort of enjoying learning everything there is to know about this ski. I have been building gaming PCs for years. I built a fully custom water cooled PC last year that I am still tweaking to this day. It is part of the fun I guess. I am not ready to quit and just buy a new one. That isn't an option for me. Financially it is but not mentally. If that makes any sense.

I do have more bad news. As expected the pump is also having issues. I had a friend come over tonight to help me install the motor. Before we installed it I decided to turn the pump coupler. Why I haven't done this until now I have no idea why. Sure enough I can feel the impeller rubbing in a few spots. An obvious horrific metal to metal sound and feel. Needless to say we didn't bother to install the motor. I am working on removing the pump now. I am not surprised or upset but this at all. I was planning on pulling the pump next anyways. I am disappointed though because I can't test the motor yet. It would really suck if I rebuild the pump only for the motor to fail immediately. Granted that could happen and I will accept it if it does but it would have been nice to know the motor was good before having to rebuild the pump. Oh well. The saga continues.

I have removed the pump cover, the grate bolts the service manual shows to remove, and the pump bolts. I also removed the driveshaft since it was simple to do with the motor out. The pump won't budge. Any tips for breaking it free? I am afraid to pry to hard on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG2497.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	450076
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG2500.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	450077

I have two of the pump screws installed a few turns in case the pump snapped free while under pressure. I assure you they are loose.

I also tried to remove the cap but it is also stuck. I gave it a few hard taps with a rubber dead blow hammer but it didn't seem to budge. Again, I am not sure how hard I can hit and pry on the pump or the cap.
    Last edited by beekermartin; 06-25-2019 at 12:06 AM.

+1
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276230

You ARE going to replace the driveshaft holder, aren't you?

Those wont work on this style pump

Wet the big rubber seal around pump best as possible with lubrication.

Pry off behind ears carefully

You removed alot to get it off that you didnt need to. Make sure you grease that rubber very well this is why its important to remove pump every year to two years

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Those wont work on this style pump

Wet the big rubber seal around pump best as possible with lubrication.

Pry off behind ears carefully

You removed alot to get it off that you didnt need to. Make sure you grease that rubber very well this is why its important to remove pump every year to two years
    Ok. I sprayed it down with PB Blaster when I left this morning. I will try to remove it when I get home tonight.

What would cause the impeller to rub against the housing? After I had removed some of the bolts and pried on it some it seemed to be rubbing a lot less. The bearings feel fine and don't seem to have any play.

I'll do some searching here but I imagine there must be a step by step about rebuilding the pump on this forum.

Page 30 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread Information