Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 92132140141142
Results 1,411 to 1,418 of 1418
    BeekerMartin, thanks for all you have done with your rebuild. This has been a great resource for me as I start on my 1200stxr journey...keep at it! I hope it is fixed for you...you definitely deserve it at this point. I need to add the triple pisser mod to my winter list of things to do. Do you have a photo of the outlets on your hull?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes1200STXR View Post
    BeekerMartin, thanks for all you have done with your rebuild. This has been a great resource for me as I start on my 1200stxr journey...keep at it! I hope it is fixed for you...you definitely deserve it at this point. I need to add the triple pisser mod to my winter list of things to do. Do you have a photo of the outlets on your hull?
    Thank you for the compliment. It was a journey to say the least. Unfortunately I didn't get to ride it much this year. The local pond I normally use it in has been low all season. Local political BS. It did run perfectly every time I took it out and the plugs looked perfect every time. I think it is fixed but only time will tell.

I will try to take a pic of the triple pissers tomorrow. If I was to do it again I would have staggered them instead of putting them in a row like I did. That would make it easier to view each one while riding. With them in a row I usually put my finger over the top one to check the one below. It isn't a big deal but staggered would probably be a better layout. Also, where I put them I do get sprayed at high speed. I don't mind but some people would not like that of course.

Yeah I heard the spraying complaint. I was going to try to stagger mine, utilizing the existing spray hole as my center hole and stagger them like a backslash on a keyboard. I just cleaned the carbs out on mine (it was bogging under throttle). They looked pretty clean, so I think this was a matter of me not letting it warm up enough before trying to give it gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes1200STXR View Post
    Yeah I heard the spraying complaint. I was going to try to stagger mine, utilizing the existing spray hole as my center hole and stagger them like a backslash on a keyboard. I just cleaned the carbs out on mine (it was bogging under throttle). They looked pretty clean, so I think this was a matter of me not letting it warm up enough before trying to give it gas.
    Bogging can be a lot of causes. Hopefully you can find the reason easily. I would start off with pressure testing the fuel system for leaks. Remove the breather line with the one way valve in the line from the tank. Connect a pump to the tank. Pump it up to no more than 5 psi. See if it holds pressure or if it springs a leak. Don't go higher than 5 psi though. I didn't pump it up too high before it sprayed like a geyser out of a crack in the gas cap I wasn't aware of. Once I installed a new cap it held 5 psi perfectly. Of course I had already replaced all the fuel lines, petcock, fuel pump, etc... lol

I have already replaced all the fuel and oil lines in the ski...i did notice a slight crack in the cap, I will get that changed. I just cleaned all the carbs out too. I want to let it run in the driveway longer than I had previously (only 2 minutes or so). I was a bit nervous if the oil lines were working (which they are). It sat for 2 years before that startup so I think there is still a lot of unburnt oil in the engine/intakes that is affecting the mix and idle.

+1
    Mike, you do know not to run the flush hose unless the engine is running, right?

Yes...start engine, let idle, run hose, shut hose, turn off engine.

I was never clear on why this was the process...on my outboard it is the opposite and should get water first before starting.

+1
    The exhaust on your Ski is water cooled. If the engine isn't running, water can fill the expansion chamber and flow backward into the cylinders. Exhaust gasses keep the water out of the engine.

Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 92132140141142

Thread Information