Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1118

+1
    Cool! You have rebuilt the whole thing and are now doing mods. Let us know how the performance is. If you want a speedometer, you can download one. I downloaded a free speedometer app for my phone and it records top speed as well as displaying instant speed.

Quote Originally Posted by FL_Rider View Post
    Cool! You have rebuilt the whole thing and are now doing mods. Let us know how the performance is. If you want a speedometer, you can download one. I downloaded a free speedometer app for my phone and it records top speed as well as displaying instant speed.
    I have an app on my phone already but I want the working speedometer so I can have an idea how fast I am going without looking at my phone. I haven't done any full speed runs for longer than 10 seconds at a time yet. Before the ADA heads I was hitting a max of 56 and change. With the heads installed I hit 58 and change. Again, this is for a max of ten seconds at WOT. I also weigh about 220 lbs. I am hoping to be in at least the low 60s when I test it at WOT for much longer than 10 seconds at a time. I am in the range of were I should be though. My hull is not in perfect condition and I still haven't fixed the bad chip yet. I plan on doing that soon.

I received the replacement triple pisser fitting from Skiworx. Here are some pictures of the head installed. I am happy with the way it all turned out. Looks nice and clean. I might change the hoses to a different color but they are not leaking and that is good enough for me.

The electrical tape around the hose connector is to save my hands from anymore cuts. I have lost count how many times that fitting has sliced me open when I was taking the plugs out. I finally wrapped it in electrical tape so it doesn't happen again. I don't want to bleed all over this beautiful head!

I am still finding 2 stroke oil in the hull after riding it. I can't figure out where it is coming from. I also will have some water in the hull as well. There isn't a lot of water but it is wet inside the hull after riding. It could be water coming in from the seat area when it spills over the ski. But it could be coming in from somewhere else as well? It is probably completely normal but still finding 2 stroke oil is not normal. I recently switched over to Amsoil Interceptor which is almost clear. The 2 stroke oil I am finding is still the bluish black Quicksilver. I know it is not coming from the tank. The front balance shaft area is still slightly over filled from when I topped it off a few weeks ago.

So I don't think it is leaking from there. I have checked all the oil lines and there is no signs they are leaking. I can't see the rear balance shaft area so it could be leaking from there but when it sits in the driveway there is never oil in the hull. Only after riding it. Again, it could be residual oil coming out of the foam that I never cleaned out when I had the engine out. There was 2 stroke oil everywhere when I first got the ski. I am just nervous it is leaking from the rear balance shaft and if that runs dry I know that would be bad quickly. It is possible the feed line from the tank to the pump could be leaking but it doesn't appear to be.

I guess I will just have to keep an eye on it. I wish I would have removed everything from the hull when I had the engine out and cleaned it properly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG4840.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	462653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG4843.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	462654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG4830.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	462655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG4823.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	462656  
    Last edited by beekermartin; 06-04-2020 at 08:37 PM.

Have you checked your tank? Ultra leaks all over on every one i have ever seen from sending unit. Just make sure top pf your tank is dry

Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    Have you checked your tank? Ultra leaks all over on every one i have ever seen from sending unit. Just make sure top pf your tank is dry
    I have checked the top of the tank. Appears to be dry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG4835.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	462657
    Top of gas tank also has no signs of oil.

Name:	IMAG4838.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	462658
    It is a mystery.

+1
    A little oil goes a looooong way. If it had oil spilled in it in the past, it's going to be hard to eliminate it. Try a garden sprayer and pour some liquid laundry soap in there and swish it around, then drain & rinse it.

Those OEM clips on the fuel hose aren't the most secure. My nephew had one come off of his 150 two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    A little oil goes a looooong way. If it had oil spilled in it in the past, it's going to be hard to eliminate it. Try a garden sprayer and pour some liquid laundry soap in there and swish it around, then drain & rinse it.

Those OEM clips on the fuel hose aren't the most secure. My nephew had one come off of his 150 two weeks ago.
    The hose clamps? They aren't OEM. I had replaced all the clamps when I was chasing the fuel pressure leak.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post
    The hose clamps? They aren't OEM. I had replaced all the clamps when I was chasing the fuel pressure leak.
    OK, I guess they don't have the little loop on the end like the OEM clamps do. I like spring clamps generally, but I think the Kawasaki ones are a bit weak.

I took it out for a quick ride tonight. I finished with a ten second WOT run to the ramp. I did have to restart it for a quick second to adjust direction but it was only for about a half a second. Here is a pic of the plugs after that. I still don't have much time on these plugs but they are looking near perfect to me.

Name:	IMAG4907.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	462994

My OCD kicked in and I picked up some stainless washers. Since the ADA heads don't support the spark plugs grounding connector I was short two washers. The stock heads don't use washers on those two studs because the connector sits on them. Anyway, I picked up some stainless washers so all of the head studs now have washers. I think ADA should have included them with their head kit but it isn't a big deal.

I am still only hitting roughly 58 mph. I haven't taken it on a very long WOT run yet but I think it should be faster than this. I am not sure why that might be. Maybe the ride plate or intake grate isn't setup or sealed properly? I'll try to take some pics of them to see if anything is obvious to someone here. The hull is not in perfect shape as well so that could also be the reason?

Overall she seems to be running well. I am planning on taking my friend wake boarding soon. I am curious how that goes pulling him with a jetski.
    Last edited by beekermartin; 06-10-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Heres ground mounting pictureClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200613_201806.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	463100

Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 5999107108109110111 ... LastLast

Thread Information