Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1012
  1. #1001
    99 used expensive plugs

    2000 went to ref br9es

    2001they changed location of vents

    2002 changed electronics and wiring. Removed circuit breaker and went to fuses, different trim box and new start stop switch.

    2003-2005 they changed the hull, removed the hull brace in front (you can see with those stupid rubber bads removed) also changed through hull set ups.

    2003-2005 are the more desired hulls.

    You will see most of year 2000


  2. #1002
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    99 used expensive plugs

    2000 went to ref br9es

    2001they changed location of vents

    2002 changed electronics and wiring. Removed circuit breaker and went to fuses, different trim box and new start stop switch.

    2003-2005 they changed the hull, removed the hull brace in front (you can see with those stupid rubber bads removed) also changed through hull set ups.

    2003-2005 are the more desired hulls.

    You will see most of year 2000
    Is there anything different from the STX-R I should look for if I decide to make the drive to look at it?
    Last edited by beekermartin; 01-27-2020 at 11:50 AM.

  3. #1003
    Engine wise no, pump is different. Its all similar

  4. #1004
    You guys excited about summer? I just grabbed a set of ada heads cant decide what ski to install them on. Ultra of stxr?

  5. #1005
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    You guys excited about summer? I just grabbed a set of ada heads cant decide what ski to install them on. Ultra of stxr?
    What do ada heads do? I assume they raise the compression and hence power. What else is required to be done for them to work with a stock engine?

  6. #1006
    Raise compression.

    Slight bump no other mods needed

  7. #1007
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,916
    +1
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post
    Is there anything different from the STX-R I should look for if I decide to make the drive to look at it?
    Yes, it's a helluva lot more fun!!!

  8. #1008
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Yes, it's a helluva lot more fun!!!
    Your saying the Ultra 150 is a lot more fun to ride than the STX-R?

  9. #1009
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,916
    +1
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by beekermartin View Post
    Your saying the Ultra 150 is a lot more fun to ride than the STX-R?
    Well, I've never ridden an STX-R, but I've own a couple of STX-1100s. Plus a host of STSs, ZXis, Ultra LXs, and the Ultra 310X. The Ultra 150 wins hands down for maneuverability, jumping, doughnuts, and just plan fun!

  10. #1010
    I have to agree with Steve on the ZXis. Those were way more fun to ride than my 300 Ultra LXs as far as turning goes. The ZXis lean way over in the turn like a motorcycle, whereas the 300s turn much flatter (almost chunked myself off the first time I made a hard turn on the 300/expecting it to lean over when it doesn't). Also, no comparison in rough water; the ZXis porpoise really bad the 300s just cut through.

Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Just bought a 2002 Polaris Genesis 1200 need Sponsons
    By srps13 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2015, 09:03 PM
  2. 2002 Kawasaki STX 1200 R
    By 2006 Hayabusa in forum Kawasaki Projects
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 10:37 PM
  3. FS 2002 Kawasaki 1200 STX-R Parts
    By grumpy_steven in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 05:47 PM
  4. FS 2002 STX-r 1200 Ski for sale
    By waterman in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 12:16 PM
  5. 2002 Kawasaki 1200 STX-R
    By Black Hills TJ in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 08:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •