What is the key mod?

I notice all the tunes available for my Spark have a 'key mod' in the description, along with the RPM limiter and throttle settings etc. Am I missing where this is described? Does this disable the DESS key?

Ah, I believe it's the ability to create new keys that map to that ski. Normally you have to go to the dealer to get more paired.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroboost View Post
    Ah, I believe it's the ability to create new keys that map to that ski. Normally you have to go to the dealer to get more paired.
    I think this option will help)

+1
    I notice all the tunes available for my Spark have a 'key mod' in the description, along with the RPM limiter and throttle settings etc. Am I missing where this is described? Does this disable the DESS key?

They Key Mod is something V-Tech came up with that changes the tone of the beep. They did this because unscrupulous companies such as Nprotune are stealing their tunes and selling them as their own. If a Nprotune, or other fly by night company tunes an ECU and the ski makes that V-Tech Beep then V-Tech knows it's one of their tunes that have been stolen.

Hah, I didn't notice. This is the beep when you power the ECM up? I'll have to go flash back to stock and give it a listen.

+1
    Hah, I didn't notice. This is the beep when you power the ECM up? I'll have to go flash back to stock and give it a listen.
    Yes, the beep when you put they key on and power up. You will notice the difference

Quote Originally Posted by flynnbillson View Post
    I think this option will help)
    You can already do this with home service license.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Yes, the beep when you put they key on and power up. You will notice the difference
    I have the RIVA maptunerx, flashed stock, 2018 Race 1 Petrol 9200, and Stage 3 8600. All of them make the one short and one long beep when powering up. You did say V-Tech, so I guess RIVA doesn't have it.. Odd that it's noted in the map descriptions for RIVA.

Yep this is true. Also Riva tune will get them.
    We are also adding other markers that will make us easy to see when our tunes been copied .

Thread Information