Miles per gallon experience for WakePro 230 or similar

Looking at doing a 100 mile lake ride (round trip) with 15.9 gallon full tank on relatively smooth water at about 25-30 mph consistently. Anyone have any experience with gas mileage on this model or similar? I'll take some extra gas but wondering how much is enough not to worry about it.

My guess is I can do the entire trip and be about on fumes when I return to the marina but considering taking about 5 gallons extra with me. No fuel dock on this particular route unfortunately.

Farthest I've went was 56 mile trip on my local river. 06 215 sc skis. We averaged 36mph the whole trip with wot sections. We had a gallon or 2 of fuel when we got back to the trailer. We have done the same trip at slower speeds and have had about the same results. I'd recommend a fuel jug with you or someone that cab deliver it via shore.

See graph for how we rode

Hope this helps some
    WoodsyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190425-190103_Strava.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	447566

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalWaverunner View Post
    Looking at doing a 100 mile lake ride (round trip) with 15.9 gallon full tank on relatively smooth water at about 25-30 mph consistently. Anyone have any experience with gas mileage on this model or similar? I'll take some extra gas but wondering how much is enough not to worry about it.

My guess is I can do the entire trip and be about on fumes when I return to the marina but considering taking about 5 gallons extra with me. No fuel dock on this particular route unfortunately.
    I have the 2019 GTX 230 you should be fine.... I have been out 4 hours before with 3 people on it and still had 5 gallons at the end averaging 30mph.

+1
    Take extra gas. You WILL need it.

+1
    I would take a easy to carry 2 gallon gas can. It can't hurt. Also if you have access to non-ethanol gas I would fill up with that as it will extend your range bit.

The smooth water could turn choppy and could cause you to use more fuel. Other boats wake, wind, etc. Traveling into a headwind will use more fuel.

I think you will be fine with just 2 extra gallons of fuel. Without extra fuel you are cutting it close.

+1
    Definitely take some gas, but the low fuel warning starts to sound with about 4 gallons remaining, so get used to that beep.

It got WIFI and touchscreen ! PWCGUY's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalWaverunner View Post

So my bother in-law and I take long trips quite frequently. Best fuel economy to expect at those speeds 5.5 - 5.75 mpg. Total fuel usable in main tank is ~ 15.4 gallons. So you should only plan on ~ 85miles max with main tank. Max distance in one day is about 300 miles. We typically strap two 5 gallon gas cans on the back and safely go 135 - 150 miles between fuel stations.

8. +1 by:

Lake Lion
    +1
    Come by. We'll put the 18.5 gallon tank in.

Thread Information