+1

No Iintercooler 2018 FX SVHO

Just completed the install of a Snow Methanol Injection system, Removed the stock intercooler so no intercooler at all will I run. I filled the tank with blue washer solvent to be injected into the engine 70 percent water. Just need to pressure test the lines for leaks install the ECU, impeller than water test. Should make some good power with the new 19 psi supercharger wheel.

Take Care
    CJ

+1
    Just asking but why such a small percentage of methanol? Are you just using it for the cooling and not for the octane?

Only asking because I run methanol injection in my car and spray only methanol no water (VP M1) and the extra power once tuned is very nice including the cooling properties of it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulse20098 View Post
    Just asking but why such a small percentage of methanol? Are you just using it for the cooling and not for the octane?

Only asking because I run methanol injection in my car and spray only methanol no water (VP M1) and the extra power once tuned is very nice including the cooling properties of it.
    Good Morning Impulse20098,
    (CH3OH), system is known as methanol-water injection, using 100% methanol as opposed to a water-methanol mixture and then referred to simply as "methanol injection". Safety of flammability concerns and part longevity concerns I have with 100 percent in the confines of a jetski, government reports from WW2 have that 30-50 percent is the sweet spot.

Take Care Impulse20098

CJ

PS water has much more cooling property's

+1
    I understand what methanol injection is.... I didn't think of the confines of a jet ski since I have never ran it in one. Just on cars.

Lol on government reports from ww2 on methanol injection. From my experience water does not cool better than pure methanol. But to each their own.

+1
    I know of some people mixing the methanol with 5-7 percent nitro methane... I don't know if I have the nerve to run that. They say there is a notable differents if one were to do the mixture.

Take care

+1
    Haha we have done that in cars also. There is noticable gains through the logs and dyno. Not sure I would want to run that in a waverunner lol. Not sure of what percentage we ran (long time ago), but experimenting was fun.

Thread Information