Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Worx vs Riva power filter install

I was checking out the worx and riva power filters and was turned off by the amount of time/labor required to install the Riva filter. It looks like the Worx would be a simpler install. Can anyone attest this?

Also, I know adding a power filter increases supercharger sound somewhat. Are there any other simple upgrades that increase supercharger sound?

Thanks,

+1
    Depending on your riding style you can just run a 4" s/c adapter and some kanaflex and cut a hole on the removable rear deck. I used the ski pylon hole and hooked up the hose there. It's very loud and will give you the most performance possible.

But.... It is susceptible to water ingestion. I ride solo and rarely ever do wave jumping that might submerge the stern first.

I put a frog skin water-resistant cover over the inlet and was disappointed it lost nearly 200rpm, so I removed it.

3. +1 by:

+1
    I forgot to mention, the install takes about a half hour.

+1
    I run a custom 4" to where prowler1k does but leave the pylon cover on. You ride salt like me and even getting on the ski from the water will drip salt water down your intake. In fact, I covered the wimpy o-ring that seals it in silicone paste to make sure it seals

+1
    Glad to see you are back in the ski-game imp0ster.

How are you liking the new one vs. the old couch?

+1
    Well, for the 10 minutes I was on it before it blew off the SC clamp and IC clamp on the opposite side, it's amazing. Of course it's not a straight line monster like my 05 and I'm still at 0hr so I don't know exactly what it will do but so far I am amazed. How they managed to get this thing so stable is beyond me. I'm close to 6'3 and 203lbs and when I jump on the back I expect the sled to shift and rock. Not the ST3 and when I first jumped on I just shook my head in disbelief. Some kind of black magic. Also the handling is unlike any 3 seater I've ever been on. It's like the P-X. Even the hard splash turns remind me of the P-X. Just put Riva sponsons on it and I have tomorrow off to break it past 5hrs so we'll see. Cruise control is also really nice for the long no wake zones.

Side note. From the factory they sealed the hull to ride plate, the ride plate holes are negligible and the intake grate to plate are perfectly level. Looks like they paid attention to our little tricks.

+1
    Why not run the filter to the front like the Riva power filter?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by miami salt life View Post
    Why not run the filter to the front like the Riva power filter?
    I'm not sure what hull he's running but with our hull you have to remove the factory air box and all the garbage attached to it. Without the riva brackets it will be a nightmare. Hell, removing the OEM air intake that's on the side of the motor is a PITA. Also, it's a massive job for something that doesn't have to be. I had the OEM tube cut out and my custom intake done in 30 minutes. I bought the marine K&N and a $40 adapter, used some spare 4" suction tube and have a intake that will outperform the Riva or Worx.

+1
    Sounds like this is more work than I originally anticipated. I guess I will just leave it stock and add the SCOM only. What speed are you seeing with the SCOM?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by miami salt life View Post
    Sounds like this is more work than I originally anticipated. I guess I will just leave it stock and add the SCOM only. What speed are you seeing with the SCOM?
    I'm still in my break in but I expect 76mph with the intake. If I don't see it I'll do a couple of things until I see 76mph. I intend to keep my 3 year warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information