Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Recommended places to Ride in Clearwater, Florida??

Me and my Wife are heading down to Clearwater Florida on May 15th-22nd for a vacation, and I will be towing my 2016 Yamaha VXR down with us. Does anyone know any good places to Ride in Clearwater? I hear that Caladesi Island and Honeymoon island were some beautiful places to ride over too. Any suggestions would be Great! Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170909_112839.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	447242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vxr3.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	447241  

You can put in off the causeway going to Honeymoon Island. A lot of good riding in that area. Also Lake Tarpon is a cool place to ride. Being fresh water it will flush your ski after being in the salt.

As Cut2 said, the Dunedin Causeway is perfect intracoastal access to the Gulf and the pass between Honeymoon and Caledesi. Try to avoid the Clearwater Beach traffic if you can, on land or water. North of the Dunedin Causeway east of the dredged and marked boating channel ....the water is usually crystal clear about 5 to 6 feet and lots of sealife there visible from surface. Just north of the Causeway off the Ozona coast about 100 yards off the lands edge is a fresh water sink to the aquifer. Its about 12 to 18 feet across. Look for a flat spot on the surface water when theres some chop otherwise. Very cool free dive there. Watch your tides on the intracoastal south of Dunedin Causeway, some sandbars just below surface can get you.

Another option is Upper Tampa Bay, launch from Philippe Park Boat ramp.

+1
    The Dunedin causeway beach ramp is going to be PACKED that weekend due to a big jetski invasion bs. I'd reccomend using the Seminole boat launch and head over to the Dunedin causeway area. Plenty of riders to connect with over there especially that weekend. Cant really go wrong with the tides in that area on a jetski. Get out early and ride along the coast line, beautiful

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cut2please View Post
    You can put in off the causeway going to Honeymoon Island. A lot of good riding in that area. Also Lake Tarpon is a cool place to ride. Being fresh water it will flush your ski after being in the salt.
    Thank you so much, I will definetly check this out

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa stx View Post
    As Cut2 said, the Dunedin Causeway is perfect intracoastal access to the Gulf and the pass between Honeymoon and Caledesi. Try to avoid the Clearwater Beach traffic if you can, on land or water. North of the Dunedin Causeway east of the dredged and marked boating channel ....the water is usually crystal clear about 5 to 6 feet and lots of sealife there visible from surface. Just north of the Causeway off the Ozona coast about 100 yards off the lands edge is a fresh water sink to the aquifer. Its about 12 to 18 feet across. Look for a flat spot on the surface water when theres some chop otherwise. Very cool free dive there. Watch your tides on the intracoastal south of Dunedin Causeway, some sandbars just below surface can get you.

Another option is Upper Tampa Bay, launch from Philippe Park Boat ramp.
    Thats good to know, Thank you I really appreciate this. I'm so use to riding in destin and panama city beach. This will be my first time riding in clearwater.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post
    The Dunedin causeway beach ramp is going to be PACKED that weekend due to a big jetski invasion bs. I'd reccomend using the Seminole boat launch and head over to the Dunedin causeway area. Plenty of riders to connect with over there especially that weekend. Cant really go wrong with the tides in that area on a jetski. Get out early and ride along the coast line, beautiful
    Wow!! a big jetski invasion. Man this sounds like fun. Sweet!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cut2please View Post
    My car won't get stuck on the beach on the causeway will it. I'm pulling my ski with a front wheel drive 2016 honda accord?? Is the sand hard and compacked enough?

+1
    Just got back tonight from a Dalton Ga to PCB trip..
    Rode around St Andrews bay and out to Shell island.
    Had a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrothead74 View Post
    My car won't get stuck on the beach on the causeway will it. I'm pulling my ski with a front wheel drive 2016 honda accord?? Is the sand hard and compacked enough?
    Its mostly ground shell and rock there, no much sand....thats why it is popular launch site, like a mile wide boat ramp. Lots of hobie cats
    launch there as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information