Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pro Watercross Tour Pensacola FL May 4-5

Hi, new to site and back on a ski after 25 years. Signed up to run in beginners class at the Pensacola venue, anyone else going? http://www.prowatercross.com/pensacola/

I hope I have everything I need, almost finished building a transport to get the Spark from the trailer and across the beach. Helmet, suit, gloves, etc.

I hope to make 3 races this year just to qualify for points to get some experience to go amateur/novice class next year.

Here are the current tour dates/locations, i'm hoping one of the TBA are in Panama City Beach FL
    2019 PRO WATERCROSS NATIONAL TOUR
    May 4-5, 2019 | Pensacola Beach, FL
    May 11-12, 2019 | Daytona Beach, FL
    June 1-2, 2019 | TBA
    June 8-9, 2019 | TBA
    July 13-14, 2019 | Racine, WI
    July 27-28, 2019 | Lavonia, GA (Lake Hartwell)
    August 10-11, 2019 | National Championship
    October 31- November 3 | Naples, FL | World Championships

Last edited by Jonk67; 04-18-2019 at 03:19 PM.

+1
    I will be attending.

+1
    We plan on going. Depends on conditios if i race or not.
    Panama City was cancelled by Prowatercross this year due to $$ not worth it. It was moved to Daytona.

Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    Panama City was cancelled by Prowatercross this year due to $$ not worth it. It was moved to Daytona.
    That's too bad, hope they return in 2020 as I'll have a place to stay in PCB. Still waiting to see where the 2 TBA sites will be, hope they are in driving distance from TN for me. Pensacola is 7 hrs but Daytona is 10+ so that puts it out of my acceptabel 1 day drive range, especially for returning after racing Sunday afternoon.

Any first timers suggestions from those who have attended this series or racing in general. It's been 25 years and I don't remember a lot about the prep other than racers meet, getting to the line, etc.
    Jon

Ha! Great advice. I'll probably be solo at the race so I'll need to ask for volunteers. My daughter may go but she's not 100 lbs soaking wet so I wouldn't trust her not getting washed away

This is my first beginner race, I'm just hoping to not come in last or miss bouys and get a feel for it again. This will push me to start running and working out again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonk67 View Post
    That's too bad, hope they return in 2020 as I'll have a place to stay in PCB. Still waiting to see where the 2 TBA sites will be, hope they are in driving distance from TN for me. Pensacola is 7 hrs but Daytona is 10+ so that puts it out of my acceptabel 1 day drive range, especially for returning after racing Sunday afternoon.

Any first timers suggestions from those who have attended this series or racing in general. It's been 25 years and I don't remember a lot about the prep other than racers meet, getting to the line, etc.
    Jon
    If you are going to race a Spark, there is a race coming up in Nashville by Powerboat National that has a Spark only class. Plus they pay out cash.
    As far as beginner classes in PWX, you will find it a lot of fun and slightly different from the past.
    Pensacola surf can be brutal or just rollers. Either way there will be enough people to help you.
    Good luck

If you are going to race a Spark, there is a race coming up in Nashville by Powerboat National that has a Spark only class. Plus they pay out cash.
    As far as beginner classes in PWX, you will find it a lot of fun and slightly different from the past.
    Pensacola surf can be brutal or just rollers. Either way there will be enough people to help you.
    Good luck
    Thanks, looks like Powerboat Natls. were in Nashville last year and in Knoxville this year. I haven't read if membership is required ($250) and just to race 1 day is $200, that's a bit steeper than the $65 membership and $50 beginners race or $100 Amateur/Novice race weekend (2 days) with Pro-Watercross. Maybe if you place the payout makes it worth it.

I would suggest some physical conditioning. I'm most at home on an old Seadoo but when I first entered the races out there my arms and trigger finger were just not ready.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    wasn't half the town still ripped apart because of the hurricane?

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i'm going. i'll probably get there sometime late friday night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information