+1

2007 GP1300R fuel injectors flow tested and cleaned

Just had my fuel injectors flow tested and cleaned.
    Glad I did since two of them were not performing well.
    Cost was 25$ per injector for the service and then shipping on top of that.
    Anyway the service was great since they test before and after cleaning.
    The "before" data was important to me me since I have had a performance loss a few years ago and now Im confident that the dirty injectors were the cause. This also explains the plug readings I saw with one plug having close to normal tan/brown deposits and the other two were white (lean).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GP1300R_Fuel_Injector_Service.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	447103  

+1
    For $25 per injector this is 100% worth it, especially for the performance data.

I'm pretty sure you've just motivated me to do the same thing. Cheap insurance to ensure longevity and optimum performance.

With all this work you're doing, do you still plan to sell your 1300 at the end of the season?

+1
    This is pretty alarming, probably a lot of guys struggling with dirty injectors.

Can you share the history of your waverunner? Hours, oil, storage, neglect?

+1
    2007 GPR1300R purchased new at dealer.
    200 hours on engine.
    First 40 hours 2W oil injection before cat removed. Next 100 hours "Maxima Super M Injector" oil injection. Next 60 hours "Maxima Super M Premix" premixed at 40:1.
    Storage for 6 months out of the year during off-season. Drained tank of all fuel.
    As far as neglect, the only thing is that I did not add fuel stabilizer in last tank of the season and run it through the fuel system.
    Always meant to do this but never did. Maybe 11 years of neglecting this gummed up the fuel injectors.
    I gradually lost 2-3 mph on top end speed over the last few years and decided to have the fuel injectors tested/cleaned.
    The before cleaning test results have convinced me that I think I will get this speed back now after I finish the rebuild.

+1
    Hi kmaher, this is in response to your question.

It started out with converting from premix back to oil injection and testing the fuel injectors but it turned into much more than that once I got going.
    Then I pulled the cylinders and inspected top end. Slight scuffing on piston #3 and a small crack in cylinder 3 near transfer port.
    Cylinder #3 is at Millennium for repair and replate. Got 3 new prox piston kits that will go in.
    Hand dremelling the VF3 reed stuffers to match the adapter plate, something I over looked when I installed the VF3 reeds about 8 years ago.
    Replaced all reeds 4 years ago and this time I replaced just 4 reeds that has some corner fretting.
    Decked the top of my cylinders to get a squish of 0.040 inches with a single layer head gasket.
    I just have fond memories of this ski pulling harder and going faster than it has in the last 3 years so I wanted to see it perform like that again before I let it go.
    Plus I always take care of my toys and did not feel comfortable selling it unless I knew it was in top condition.
    Of course my pride is going to cost me about 7 to 8 hundred $ in parts that I probably wont be able to get back in a sale but I will sleep better.
    Also my need to sell it has been delayed so I plan to enjoy it for one more season and re-consider to sell at end of season or spring of next year.

+1
    I just got cylinders back for a 1300 I'm rebuilding. Customer had a different shop put in a crate engine that didn't last 20 hours. Same rear cylinder failure, and other 2 also very lean. Betting I find an injector or pump issue with this one.

Thread Information