Looking for CT Riders - 2019 Season

Hi Everyone,
    Seems like I finally found a forum that’s somewhat active. A group of 3-4 of us have been cruising around the Long Island Sound over the last few summers, doing day trips from CT to Long Island, Stamford to the Statue of Liberty, Mystic to Block Island, etc.

I’m looking to see if anyone else in the CT area is interested in day trips to Block Island, NYC, or even Martha’s Vineyard (maybe launch out of Point Judith?). We’re all in our 30s and a pretty relaxed group of guys, and the bigger the group the better.

Let me know if interested and we’ll go from there!
    Adam

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ABogdan87 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Seems like I finally found a forum that’s somewhat active. A group of 3-4 of us have been cruising around the Long Island Sound over the last few summers, doing day trips from CT to Long Island, Stamford to the Statue of Liberty, Mystic to Block Island, etc.

I’m looking to see if anyone else in the CT area is interested in day trips to Block Island, NYC, or even Martha’s Vineyard (maybe launch out of Point Judith?). We’re all in our 30s and a pretty relaxed group of guys, and the bigger the group the better.

Let me know if interested and we’ll go from there!
    Adam
    Me and possibly 2 more of my friends would be interested.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FEDADECB-86CF-4EBE-8CBC-CFEC0EA05CBC.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	447286 Mark your calendars a bunch of CT riders will attend my event...

Hi, I'm late to this party, but I'm a 47 yo old guy with a 310x looking for people to ride with- maybe next season? My wife doesn't like it, it scares her

Where do you live Sherlock? I ride mostly Candlewood Lake, but we're going to be doing the statue of liberty ride this Sunday 9/15. We're going to leave from JFK park boat launch in Yonkers, head to the statue, under the gwb, then get lunch in Jersey city.

Statue of Liberty? That sounds awesome! I live in West Haven. So I guess that would be a bit of a drive, but not out of my comfort zone. Also, I am free all week, and I would love to check out Candlewood lake. I am thinking about going up Wednesday (didn't go out on the sound this weekend as the tide was not really favorable).

I don't think I'll be heading out on the lake anymore and that lady liberty will be my last time out before I start doing some work on my ski. I could message you a map of Candlewood Lake if you want. There is a free public launch called lattins cove in danbury. You will definitely want a map as Candlewood has multiple fingers as opposed to being 1 large open body of water.

Yeah weather has started to cool. I'm probably just going to put it to bed until next spring. Will definitely post here when it looks like we're going to get our first 80+ day.

Thread Information