This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

New SBT Scan Tool

Just got an interesting email from SBT.

They have a new scanner tool

Works with your phone.

NO pc required

Typical SBT pricing schedule applies. Unless you buy a couple of big shortblocks or lots of other stuff the software license is $600 per year

I own an unlimted candoo and a seadoo handheld. I don't really need this new one. Logging is nice, but I don't need it

No sign of it on the Candoo pro sight, so I might assume they jumped ship to a new vendor or its an SBT exclusive tool.

$600 a year for software license at minimum purchase levels. Trade in on the previous version, as typical

https://www.shopsbt.com/jetski/wirel...-tool-sbt.html

I'm not keen on the idea of writing to an EMM over a wireless connection, but it looks interesting enough for somebody looking for such a device IF you do some substantial biz with SBT

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Just got an interesting email from SBT.

They have a new scanner tool

Works with your phone.

NO pc required

Typical SBT pricing schedule applies. Unless you buy a couple of big shortblocks or lots of other stuff the software license is $600 per year

I own an unlimted candoo and a seadoo handheld. I don't really need this new one. Logging is nice, but I don't need it

No sign of it on the Candoo pro sight, so I might assume they jumped ship to a new vendor or its an SBT exclusive tool.

$600 a year for software license at minimum purchase levels. Trade in on the previous version, as typical

https://www.shopsbt.com/jetski/wirel...-tool-sbt.html

I'm not keen on the idea of writing to an EMM over a wireless connection, but it looks interesting enough for somebody looking for such a device IF you do some substantial biz with SBT
    shoooooot more and more i hate being the go-to ski guy in my area that would pay for itself quickly. thanks for the heads up, may be time for me to step my game (prices) up!

+1
    yeah but just keys alone are pretty good money. and in the desert, heat they don't last more then a few years of constant UV exposure, not to mention not having to guess when it s a ski without a code readable console or an IBR.

no shot of the telephone interface. I wonder if it's bluetooth or wireless data too..

no doubt the usual folks will post some reviews of it. I'm plenty happy with my current setups

+1
    wait wait wait you can program a new IBR with this too?

obviously you use the candoo, in your opinion is there any advantage to this over a dealer status candoo?

+1
    haven't tried to marry a new one but you can manipulate the gate with candoo without having to dick around with the console

The SBT is unlimited, for as long as the license is valid. If the license expires, its a brick until you renew it.

as far as any advantage, data logging for one, wireless to your phone instead of dragging a pc to the marina is another. Its so new no reviews on the interface or lots of details on actual capabilities. I would assume marrying an IBR would still require buds due to copyright issues.

candoo software doesn't expire and updates aren't pricey considering an update for my car key programmer is $1200 if I need to update it for whatever new car that needs a key. Those things are crazy expensive, and you think that until you go to the dealer for a key

If you have just a couple of skis the home versions are a deal @$400(up to 4 skis) additional vins run $60-$75 depending on the number you install

6. +1 by:

+1
    Any word on candoo coming out with a wireless system?

Thread Information