Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    That's a good two-cents . . . Me, loading the ski back onto my trailer, sometimes (depending on how steep the ramp is) I'll run it partially up onto the bunks (gently), leaving it running (in fwd) so it doesn't slip back off whilst I hook-up the wench strap to the bow eye and crank it on fully.
    On a Ride ski, releasing the two throttles puts the ski in neutral, so it wouldn't stay against the bunks in this situation - unless the ski also had a no-wake mode perhaps.

Out on the water, I think Ride would be good, as there are times I might quickly site-cast into a bait-school and not want to shut-down fully just to only start back up again. Being stuck in forward sucks, not just because I'll be moving, rather means I have to constantly mind the steerage.
    Thats not how RiDE works. if you let off the throttle, it stays in forward motion and does not go into neutral without pressing the reverse lever first.
    The main reason I would use manual reverse is if you want to troll. Most all skis are way too fast in forward to troll. With the manual lever, you can pull it slightly and give yourself a nice slow trolling speed.

I also power load my skis all the way to the roller.. They aren't fragile glass. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    Thats not how RiDE works. if you let off the throttle, it stays in forward motion and does not go into neutral without pressing the reverse lever first.
    The main reason I would use manual reverse is if you want to troll. Most all skis are way too fast in forward to troll. With the manual lever, you can pull it slightly and give yourself a nice slow trolling speed.

I also power load my skis all the way to the roller.. They aren't fragile glass. But that's just me.
    On my old 2000 GTX I set the manual lever to neutral, and switch between for-neu-rev to hold position if there is any current where im at. If I am working a point or structure for a while I will just shut it off and drift with current, go back and reset and drift past the point again.

Always trailer my ski like I did my bass boats, run it up to the roller. Never thought about hopping off with it running.

We've just collected the basics of PWC fishing and some recommended models into this article, you may be interested!
    And here's another review of the Sea-Doo Fish Pro.
    Last edited by Jetdrift; 08-14-2019 at 04:21 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information