Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    A Super Charged version of the 15F wouldn't surprise me. But I don't think they would drop the "as is" 310 engine into the 15F Hull
    -----------------------
    Would certainly be pretty cool that is for certain yet the Engineers and Designers at Kawasaki are gonna need either a "Magician" or a mighty BIG "shoe-horn" to "stuff" all of those "goodies" from an Ultra-310 (Intercooler, Supercharger, Exhaust, Intake) into their existing STX Hull !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky STX-15F View Post
    Didn't you just buy two brand new STX-15F?
    Yeah - two years ago.. however after riding the Sea-Doo I am very much in love with them. However I'm not in love with the problems they have.. and the added issues of a Supercharger. I'm just going to keep my STX-15Fs which I love dearly

+1
    Yes, yes yes... Your absolutely right. But that's all they've done. They stopped at that and let the comp take over. They've waited so long that they're now no longer in the game.. I love Kawi and after weeks of research and test driving. I'm sticking with them even tho they're older and dated. It works.. there product works

They stopped innovating when they designed and marketed the best rough water hull to ever see the water in 2006, and very slightly tweaked that hull and motor over the last 3 generations to be faster and more playful while still dominating the rough...

IF you need ride control and automatic reverse buckets to justify switching to yamaha or sea doo go for it,,, those are just more electro / mechanical things to fail, along with weak clutches, weak hulls, weak timing chains, weak intake grate mounting areas, weak pump tunnels...... I'll keep my kawi thanks..
    Last edited by Chris288; 05-30-2019 at 02:04 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    IF you need ride control and automatic reverse buckets to justify switching to yamaha or sea doo go for it,,, those are just more electro / mechanical things to fail, along with weak clutches, weak hulls, weak timing chains, weak intake grate mounting areas, weak pump tunnels...... I'll keep my kawi thanks..

Your pistons still intact?

+1
    stand on whatever soap box you want to but literally every single brand has issues......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveBrisk View Post
    Yes, yes yes... Your absolutely right. But that's all they've done. They stopped at that and let the comp take over. They've waited so long that they're now no longer in the game.. I love Kawi and after weeks of research and test driving. I'm sticking with them even tho they're older and dated. It works.. there product works
    I think they’ve innovated a lot more than you give them credit for. Kawi remains simplistic yet innovates as needed. Since releasing the 250x Kawi has stayed on top of the hp hill every year except 2008 when the doo 255s came out. They hit the nail on the head with the Ultra hull first attempt so they really didn’t leave much room to develop the hull otherwise. The 15f is a rock solid ski that they haven’t seen a need to change yet, maybe until this year that is. The Ultras have trim, cruise control, on board audio(which they were the first to do), nice LCD displays, and much more storage capacity than the competitors just to name a few. They shoehorned a 1.5L into a stand up ski that out holeshots most blown skis. The only thing they really lack is some form of iBR/RiDE-like tech, which would likely be a tech nightmare the first year or 2. I’d almost rather the skis stay “simple” with the mechanical reverse bucket than have to worry about my Ski freaking out and going into limp mode over some silly reverse issue. I’d also love to see a boosted flat water competitor from Kawi that has the mod potential for 85+, but the Ultra can still hold its own in flat water stock for stock and I don’t think they have seen a need for one yet.

Lake Lion
    +1
    I hope Kawasaki does not read your post. Plain and simple, we need an Ultra 350 that has a 1.9 turbo with left-hand brake/reverse, OLED dash and and an optional stereo. The Ultra is over priced and this turbo will be cheaper for them to make and maintain.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DH300 View Post
    I think theyíve innovated a lot more than you give them credit for. Kawi remains simplistic yet innovates as needed. Since releasing the 250x Kawi has stayed on top of the hp hill every year except 2008 when the doo 255s came out. They hit the nail on the head with the Ultra hull first attempt so they really didnít leave much room to develop the hull otherwise. The 15f is a rock solid ski that they havenít seen a need to change yet, maybe until this year that is. The Ultras have trim, cruise control, on board audio(which they were the first to do), nice LCD displays, and much more storage capacity than the competitors just to name a few. They shoehorned a 1.5L into a stand up ski that out holeshots most blown skis. The only thing they really lack is some form of iBR/RiDE-like tech, which would likely be a tech nightmare the first year or 2. Iíd almost rather the skis stay ďsimpleĒ with the mechanical reverse bucket than have to worry about my Ski freaking out and going into limp mode over some silly reverse issue. Iíd also love to see a boosted flat water competitor from Kawi that has the mod potential for 85+, but the Ultra can still hold its own in flat water stock for stock and I donít think they have seen a need for one yet.
    Completely agree. They have a tried and true line up. When everyone else was screwing around with hull repair from thin, light weight materials, Kawi owners were out hammering the hell out of there's. The new sxr was a huge leap for stand up's, and will allow use on almost all lakes in the us again. One more time, Kawai decided to lead the way again. The sxr has incredible potential, and that engine again is tried and true. Personally I don't see a need for all that extra electronic crap. Just gets in the way, and more things to screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbutta View Post
    I hope Kawasaki does not read your post. Plain and simple, we need an Ultra 350 that has a 1.9 turbo with left-hand brake/reverse, OLED dash and and an optional stereo. The Ultra is over priced and this turbo will be cheaper for them to make and maintain.
    Plain and simple, YOU want a turbo 1.9 350R with left hand brake/reverse. Not all of us.
    Kawi's Eaton style blower is one of the best on the market. Why change it to something that will produce higher under hood temps ? Want a little more from the current engine, throw a set of better cams (but they're already pretty wild as is), and a ecu program in it and blueprint the pump. 310 reliable hp from 1.5 liter engine is pretty impressive.
    Turbo chargers are not cheaper to build and maintain. They still need to be rebuilt on a regular basis, and more components to assemble means more time on the line, which means higher labor costs plus the cost of the extra components. Do you really think they would eat that cost ? I would imagine that one of the reasons Yami went with a larger displacement engine was to lower boost some, and make things last longer.
    Want sound ? Look at the ultra lx. It's already there.
    It costs huge amounts of money in R&D and to retool to make changes.

10. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by hotbutta View Post
    no. just no.

Kawasaki needs a EX/Spark contender.

12. +1 by:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information