Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    new pic post by watercraft rider

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58461408_2233240000260876_734339446547152896_o.jpg 
Views:	647 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	447647  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    Not entirely true..... but yes 2020 was mentioned that something is ending
    Wouldn't be surprised if they ended production of the SXR1500. Used ones are for sale everywhere. And a local dealer still has new 2017's in stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    There's always the 1200 cc engine from the STX-12F. Drop the compression ratio so it will run on 87 octane, put it in an Ultra 150 hull. Add reverse and a boarding step and you're good to go!
    Would make more sense just to stick with the 1500 motor. Per unit production costs can't differ much between the two motors, but it has to cost extra to support two different lines.

But I like the idea of dropping the motor into a smaller/lighter hull and making a crotch rocket. That's what Yamaha did with the VXR.

A GH member already built the prototype.

+1
    Don't think so - they're basically done with the PWC market.. Sea-Doo and Yamaha have pushed them out of the market.. they never really innovated past a manual reverse imo

I'm a die hard Kawasaki fan but I am personally switching to Sea-Doo in a few weeks. Kawasaki isn't relevant anymore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveBrisk View Post
    Don't think so - they're basically done with the PWC market.. Sea-Doo and Yamaha have pushed them out of the market.. they never really innovated past a manual reverse imo

I'm a die hard Kawasaki fan but I am personally switching to Sea-Doo in a few weeks. Kawasaki isn't relevant anymore.
    Didn't you just buy two brand new STX-15F?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveBrisk View Post

I'd personally go with Yamaha over Seadoo. (This is coming from me as a Polaris guy, so take it with a grain of salt )

7. +1 by:

good luck with the kawasaki to seadoo downgrade. lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raven007 View Post
    good luck with the kawasaki to seadoo downgrade. lol
    I did this downgrade, best downgrade ever! Highly recommend!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    And this is EXACTLY why they have an "Adult" section and a "Child" section & "Infant"

so when they Soy boys etc realize they weren't ment to be in the big boy area.

they can nice and easily go to the child section where Yamaha has a great range of cute toys for them to PLAY on ..

and if they cant handle those ones...……… Well I guess the Infant section ( Seadoo ) will cater for the rest...…...

+1
    man to me it looks like an ultra inspired/modern deep v hull, seat, plastics BUT 2 seater. if they designed the hull with speed in mind 15f style intake track (even with the same exact 310 engine) there's a LOT of speed potential.

i know how much back and forth months/years with japan it takes to get a design/prototype Kawasaki is "ok" with even before they have to ask the USCG if it can be legal in that form and from there even the USCG makes them make changes "hint" why the sxr1500 is wider and longer then kawi anticipated.

in the end i hope everyone knows its absolutely NOT the people from kawi USA (i wont name names) who make the final decision on what gets made. its 100% Kawasaki marketing. marketing/japan says along the lines of "build us a xyx this is all we can do" and get it done now.

if a 2019 or 2020 kawi 310f is built ill be the first with a deposit and most likely the first with a haltech i promise. if it ends up being a N/A ski ill still be super pumped they put another soild ski on the market.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information