1999 gsx rfi surging problem feels like it's on a rev limiter past half throttle

Long time lurker here thanks for looking at my post

I've got a 99 seadoo gsx that I owned a few years. A year or so back the throttle cable came off of the lever in the handlebars then I attached it and ever since it feels like the ski is on a rev limiter past about half throttle. But at half throttle I seem to get all the power the ski wants to make. 50mph or so. So if i squeeze the throttle past half it will hesitate rapidly and feel almost like it's missing while not accelerating further.

Things I've replaced. Tps (used one and i didnt do the reset, but no change same issue) Rectifier, battery, plugs, I've clipped the ends off the plug wires, I've clean cleaned the injectors.

Now I know that these skis have a tps reset procedure involving a scanner. I'm wondering if that's what I'm going to have to do.

I pulled the raves out a little and they moved freely. I'm not sure if cleaning them would fix this

im thinking about buying candoopro..

thanks for for the advice

+1
    Ur gonna need to reset the TPS. Once u disconnect it or replace one it's got to be reset. If u have an RFI a candoo is a great tool to have. I have an 03 RFI, they r great but really need to stay on top of maintenance. The Rectifier is the weak link. OSD marine makes a plug and play 4tec rectifier for the RFI. Bulletproof.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY23 View Post
    Ur gonna need to reset the TPS. Once u disconnect it or replace one it's got to be reset. If u have an RFI a candoo is a great tool to have. I have an 03 RFI, they r great but really need to stay on top of maintenance. The Rectifier is the weak link. OSD marine makes a plug and play 4tec rectifier for the RFI. Bulletproof.
    Is that the cause of most parasitic draws? I just got an RFI last fall and was told the battery dies every few days. I'm about to start looking for the cause, and have seen other people say the original Rectifiers suck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueMartin View Post
    Is that the cause of most parasitic draws? I just got an RFI last fall and was told the battery dies every few days. I'm about to start looking for the cause, and have seen other people say the original Rectifiers suck.
    I ALWAYS leave a charger on the battery of my RFI when I'm not using the ski because of the parasitic draw. I'm the original owner of a '98 model and I have never heard about a rectifier issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    I ALWAYS leave a charger on the battery of my RFI when I'm not using the ski because of the parasitic draw. I'm the original owner of a '98 model and I have never heard about a rectifier issue.
    They fail all the time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    FYI: http://osdparts.com/index.php?main_p...&products_id=8

Thread Information