Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Places around Biloxi to jet ski

Hi everyone, I'm not sure I started this thread in the right place, but it looked like the best category to start with. My wife and I will be heading to Biloxi in July and we will be bringing out skis along. Any tips or places to go for a day ride would be greatly appreciated. My wife isn't quite as enthusiastic about jet skiing as I am, so an easy trip first would be great. I've looked online several times, but didn't really see anything helpful (except for threads here).

I have an ultra 310 and a 300LX so we will have fairly big gas tanks even though they do get thirst....again any help would be awesome...Thanks in advance. Mike

P.S. If anyone on here is ever around Kentucky lake, give me a holler and I'll let you know all of the good spots...Mike

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Might want to ask in the regional forum for your area

http://greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

3. +1 by:

Go out to ship island. You can launch anywhere between Gulfport and Biloxi and its about a 13 mile ride or so I think. 13 miles sounds far but its not, you will have plenty of gas. Taking it easy on the way out, riding around the island several times playing during the day, and taking it easy on the way in I still don't get a low fuel warning on my RXT-260. We go several times every summer and its a blast. They have a little restaurant/gift shop on the island and a ferry that brings tourists back and forth from both Gulfport and Biloxi. Nicest/cleanest water you'll find this far west. Water at ship island is usually comparable to Pensacola, Fl. Its a cool little day trip out to some clear water.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ls1rx7 View Post
    Go out to ship island. You can launch anywhere between Gulfport and Biloxi and its about a 13 mile ride or so I think. 13 miles sounds far but its not .... We go several times every summer and its a blast. They have a little restaurant/gift shop on the island and a ferry that brings tourists back and forth from both Gulfport and Biloxi.

Nicest/cleanest water you'll find this far west. Water at ship island is usually comparable to Pensacola, Fl. Its a cool little day trip out to some clear water.
    I have not ridden that area yet, more familiar with the Pensacola area.

If that is the nicest/cleanest water, what is the water like elsewhere ‘that far west’?

+1
    It only gets worse from there. You won’t see nice water again until you get to Corpus.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    It only gets worse from there. You won’t see nice water again until you get to Corpus.
    Worse in what ways? Pollution, debris, turbidity ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Worse in what ways? Pollution, debris, turbidity ...
    "Turbidity". brown , tea colored, 1' or less visibility near the coast or inland.

10. +1 by:

+1
    The currents in the gulf coast flow east to west. Everything close to, and west of the mouth of the Mississippi River is muddy. Then you also have the Atchafalaya river that dumps into the gulf in central Louisiana, Morgan City area (where I live). That and a few other rivers keep the water muddy all the way to Texas. Florida doesn’t have any Major rivers draining sediment into the gulf, so they have the nice beaches and clear water. I’ve ridden the majority of the coast from South Padre to Panama City. Pensacola and Destin are by far the best places to ride skis. Let me know if you guys want a muddy water tour one day.

12. +1 by:

Check out the Pascagoula and Escatawpa Rivers. I prefer the Escatawpa myself. You can put in at a couple different locations. For a shorter ride put in at Shingle Mill landing and ride up river to Presley Outing and further. Plenty of sand bars and if you go during the week, not much traffic. Google Earth can help, any wrong turns on the Escatawpa will be quickly realize. The rides to the Islands can turn into an endurance test if the wind picks up. Also you have to idle if you're with 1/4 mile of the islands. Just not worth it to me. Let me know if you need anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information