Indentations/Missing Gelcoat In RXP 300 Pump Tunnel...

I'm in the process of getting my rxp 300 ready for the season. Upon inspecting the impeller, I noticed that there is a defect in the pump tunnel. I have circled the areas of concern. The two indentations closest to the impeller are about twice the size of a pencil eraser and about 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep. My impeller is in perfect condition, so I know I did not suck something up.

Is this something that needs repaired? Would Sea-Doo take care of it underneath the extended warranty? I appreciate any input!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190326_231141.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	446296  

Not a chance they’re fixing that. Up to you if you want to fix it. It’s not a structural issue.

+1
    Hard to see how deep it is, but you might just tape around those area and sand them a little, clean with alcohol and fill it with Right Stuff and smooth it out with a razor blade. Don't worry about it being perfectly smooth just seal it up. Worse case if it comes off (which I doubt it will that shit is sticky) it won't hurt the impeller. I'd be worried about filling it with something hard and then it breaking free. I would try to seal it up though. Even the smallest cracks will let water in to areas you probably don't want. If you've never used Right Stuff practice with it before trying it on your ski. It has a quick dry time and it is super sticky, you have to work fast. Depending on how much you need to fill, you'll want to give it a few days to totally cure. Make sure you store you open right stuff in like a plastic zip lock bag and suck as much air out as you can otherwise the whole tube won't be very useful for very long.

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by jserr68594 View Post
    I'm in the process of getting my rxp 300 ready for the season. Upon inspecting the impeller, I noticed that there is a defect in the pump tunnel. I have circled the areas of concern. The two indentations closest to the impeller are about twice the size of a pencil eraser and about 1/8 to 1/4 inch deep. My impeller is in perfect condition, so I know I did not suck something up.

Is this something that needs repaired? Would Sea-Doo take care of it underneath the extended warranty? I appreciate any input!
    My 2017 came with the same type marks brand new. I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ls1rx7 View Post
    My 2017 came with the same type marks brand new. I wouldn't worry about it.

Have they ever gotten worse? If it is purely cosmetic, I would prefer not to mess with it.

+1
    Have they ever gotten worse? If it is purely cosmetic, I would prefer not to mess with it.
    That spot closer to the impeller looks like something hit the plastic pump shoe and took a chunk out of it, I'd seal it up. I'm not sure what i'm looking at on the 2nd area...it's blury. If you can see white gel coat, you should take care of it. Water will get forced up into any hole that isn't sealed and may start compromising other sealed areas. If you take the grate off you should be able to fix it quickly.

Does the grate need sealed with RTV silicone upon installation? Thanks!

Is this the stuff you are recommending DinoMite? https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-9907.../dp/B000HBM6PE
    '
    Could I use black RTV instead or I am better off with the "right stuff"?

+1
    Is this the stuff you are recommending DinoMite? https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-9907.../dp/B000HBM6PE
    '
    Could I use black RTV instead or I am better off with the "right stuff"?
    I use right stuff on everything, it's fantastic stuff. You just have to work reasonably quickly. If you put it on thick you need to give it plenty of time to cure though. I would reseal the grate the way it came off and make sure you torque the bolts to spec 25N.m/18lbf.ft

Thank you!

Thread Information