Bass fishing on PWC

Looking at a Yamaha. Currently I bass fish on my Seadoo which has a nice movement forward while in neutral perfect for fishing the shoreline. If I move to Yamaha there is no neutral. Can you monkey with the bucket position (halfway between forward and reverse) to acheive different levels of forward movement. Will the shift lever hold it's position?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bob ecke View Post
    Looking at a Yamaha. Currently I bass fish on my Seadoo which has a nice movement forward while in neutral perfect for fishing the shoreline. If I move to Yamaha there is no neutral. Can you monkey with the bucket position (halfway between forward and reverse) to acheive different levels of forward movement. Will the shift lever hold it's position?
    The Yamaha's with RiDE have a neutral. Have a look at one of those models. They are great skis!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bob ecke View Post
    My EX sport has a manual bucket and its perfect, It will hold place and you can even get it to do a slow troll. Although i Fish from the GP1800 and it has RiDE. although not perfect, it works pretty good in neutral and stays still.

Thread Information