Angry EMERGENCY - Siphon Hose Stuck

Trying to gain my composure here. I have a very gently used (80 hours), immaculate condition '06 F12X. Was just changing my oil using a new siphon kit, as my other one broke. This siphon kit has a little metal adapter at the end used to weight it down tanks (I should have taken the stupid thing off!), so I'm siphoning and go to pull it up, and it's caught on something! I've jammed it down and up to try and jar it loose to no avail.

Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who's a ski mechanic and as he's looking at the motor diagram, he's confident I can get it out, and says worst case there's no moving parts in this part of the motor.

I'm freaking out here, and going to try cutting the hose, sticking a coat hanger down the middle to try an wedge it loose.

Any insights into how f'ed I am???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4062.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	445979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4063.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	445980  

+1
    No insight whatsoever; however; a) you are already demonstrated you’re smart enough to know, “USE NO FORCE!”; and, b) the times I’ve been caught in similar predicaments (and the plural is not accidental) I found minute (as in “my-noot”) vibrations with very light tugging to get the part loose. (Last time I found myself panicking I walked away for a day. I thought about it and thought about it and it occurred to me: NO MATTER HOW TIGHT THE CLEARANCES were, the daggonned fitting on the end of that tube was able to pass through the tube - it should just be a matter of “getting it right” with that x # of thousandths to get that male end back into the female opening ... in that case, I chucked the end of the tube I did have control over in a cordless, variable speed drill and ever so light rotated the tube while g-e-n-t-l-y applying the slightest pulling ... it did not work until I added an almost microscopic “push-pull” but, when I did, success! (I was working on a furnace and not a jet ski but, the diameter tube and hose (and for that matter, the fitting on the end) we’re discussing are all close enough that I hope what worked for me works for you!
    PS - “USE NO FORCE, Luke!”

Coat hanger down the middle of the tube and much turning and wiggling did it!

Mods please close this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    No insight whatsoever; however; the times I’ve been caught in similar predicaments (and the plural is not accidental) I found minute (as in “my-noot”) vibrations with very light tugging to get the part loose. (Last time I thought about andnthought about it and it occurred to me: NO MATTER HOW TIGHT THE CLEARANCES, the end was able to pass through the tube - it should just be a matter of “getting it right” with that x # of thousandths to get that end back into the female opening ... in that case, I chucked the end of the tube I did have control over in a cordless, variable speed drill and ever so light rotated the tube while g-e-n-t-l-y applying the slightest pulling ... it did not work until I added an almost microscopic “push-pull” but, when I did, success! (I was working on a furnace and not a jet ski but, the diameter tube and hose (and for that matter, the fitting on the end) we’re discussing are all close enough that I hope what worked for me works for you!
    Thanks man!

+1
    Great news! (LOL, I’m sittin’ here with a picture in my mind of ME holding onto a tube AND a coat hangar, stuck down a 5’ furnace tube!

Thread Information