Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

Looking for GPRSHO

I saw one posted on NJ Craigslist a few months ago, and I'm still kicking myself for not purchasing it, but I figured I had enough toys.

I was wrong.

Anyway, I don't think I have enough mechanical proficiency to build a GPRSHO, but I'd be comfortable maintaining and repairing it as needed, so if anyone is thinking about selling one or posting to the conversion section with one, please send me a PM with what you've got! Ideally, I'd like a "freshwater only" craft, but I know that most of the performance enthusiasts are in coastal states, and beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion the GPRSHO is the ultimate sleeper in a ski. Its proven to work at high speeds 100+, and there are plenty out there. I would love to own another one. By far the best ski I have ever owned.

+1
    I just sold mine for 8k. I have 2 friends that are gonna selling selling theirs soon. One gprsho and gprho. Very similar to mine. Both very reputable people.

Hereís a pic of the one I just sold. Only sold to build my fzr.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9759.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	446496
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9760.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	446497

+1
    When your friend is ready to sell the GPRSHO, let me know! I wouldn't mind a trip down to FL to pick up a ski.

What sort of numbers were you seeing out of yours?
    Last edited by kmaher; 04-01-2019 at 01:00 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kmaher View Post
    When your friend is really to sell the GPRSHO, let me know! I wouldn't mind a trip down to FL to pick up a ski.

What sort of numbers were you seeing out of yours?
    With a bone stock sho engine and unflashed ecu i got a consistent 76 using a 13/22 concord and riva plate with jims cut. i didnt get to play with shimming the plate much which im sure i would gained a few extra mph and wouldve gotten past 80 with a deans flash.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I imagine these retain their playful nature even with the SHO motor in it?

I know you're adding weight, but the primary reason I want this conversion is I've never had as much fun on a ski as I do my 1300r. It just needs to be a few MPH faster, and if I get any more involved in modding my current 1300r, I'm going to lose all of its reliability. Plus, you just can't get that holeshot out of a 2 stroke that you can out of a forced induction ski.

Oh, and let's be honest, they sound pretty mean, too. And no more pre-mixing...

However, I tend to burn through clutches on my 1800 with my riding style, but I imagine there's a suitable remedy for that now days? Besides replacing with a turbo, that is. Does the new Dean's clutch work with the SHO motors?

I had a 05 GPR hull and an 07 1800 sho motor. Bolt in all stock (I will have to check prop if it was stock or not) I GPS'ed 80.2 with me as a rider (6'6" 280#'s) After I did the Mallory AFPR, R3 flash, Wheel upgrade, Type 11 frozen boost intercooler I was at a consistent 96.6mph. Still had more in it. I kept it a little fat.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Thereís no holeshot in a gprsho. Lol no matter what you do thereís going to cavitation like a mofo. The more power you make the worse it gets. Thatís part of the reason I moved up to a fzr. The gprsho is still a absolute blast. It pulls in acceleration like a freight train.

+1
    TTT.

Still looking....

I have a lead on one in NY that I may very well execute on, but checking to see if anything else is out there as well. Before I pull the trigger, I want to check all options.

I had another in FL, but it was too built, believe it or not. I'm looking for rec use, so I don't need anything that exceeds mid-80's

Could you pass along the one to me in Florida? I am actually looking for a built one running 95+

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information