Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

stock ski w/different tunes

Has anyone tried the 8500 agr, stock racing 8600, and stage 2 agr tunes on a bone stock ski, with 13/18 prop ?
    rideability, octane, etc.....I have the 8500 agr tune and my ski flys but will only do 78 mph not 80 like everyone else, maybe im doing something wrong, anyway thanks in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    Has anyone tried the 8500 agr, stock racing 8600, and stage 2 agr tunes on a bone stock ski, with 13/18 prop ?
    rideability, octane, etc.....I have the 8500 agr tune and my ski flys but will only do 78 mph not 80 like everyone else, maybe im doing something wrong, anyway thanks in advance.
    Performance result can differ substantially based on weight on board, water/air temp, etc etc. I'm seeing 75-78gps based on fuel load in moderate weather 8100ish RPM with an 8350 tune. I've tried the 13/18 prop on my px and was real happy with it, 200ish and 2mphish more performance. For me that's the next logical step(best bang wise). The best way to judge your performance related to your conditions is to keep an eye on RPM. The flashes don't guarantee a certain RPM. Stock skis should be kept down around 8400 or under IMO. After that it's a different ball game.

+1
    Thanks for the reply, but what I would like to know is what are the real world differences. has anyone tried the different tunes with no other mods and what were the results. I am happy with my 78 mph but the new prop did not pick up any speed ( from stock to 13/1...just curious, I infarct may have the wrong tune. looks like a test-n-tune day is in my future.

+1
    Thanks for the reply, but what I would like to know is what are the real world differences. has anyone tried the different tunes with no other mods and what were the results. I am happy with my 78 mph but the new prop did not pick up any speed ( from stock to 13/1...just curious, I infarct may have the wrong tune. looks like a test-n-tune day is in my future.
    If you don't have the intake, you should be using the non intake/imuk tune. I'm pretty sure the agr tune is a more aggressive throttle mapping not necessarily a more aggressive say timing map. The next map is for an intake/imuk combo...which from riding side by side with my buddy me on a flash only and him with kanaflex and imuk and Motec ECU I've been tuning for him, the RPM difference was at most 100RPM. Problem is only so much air can get in the hull, he took the seat off and got about 100-150RPM more from what I remember.

You should've defiantly picked RPM/speed with the 13/18. Important to get a baseline before swapping parts. RPM is usually a great indicator. Speed various a lot with fuel load and tides. I will be putting one on my TX soon so I'll let you know.

Huge difference in tunes you can tell the difference and I got about 100 rpms more on top with my FZR. I do have a Fizzle and ribbon delete. I was told that you shouldnt hold this tune WOT for long extended periods of time on pump gas. It rips better in every aspect.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1

You are probably right on the money at 78 if you are running the stock ride plate. Get a riva plate or Jim’s cut any you should be at 80

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    You are probably right on the money at 78 if you are running the stock ride plate. Get a riva plate or Jim’s cut any you should be at 80
    Thanks....I was led to believe by other posts that the addition of the 13/18 Solis in conjunction with my 8500 AGR tune that I would be at 80 or very close...….I have been running side by side with an FZS with the same tune. before the prop we were side to side, after the prop I think I lost about 1/4 mph. I know this seems trivial but I thought the 300 buck prop was supposed to net me speed. I am convinced that the best bang for the buck is a Maptuner flash only and just go ride. Thanks for the responses.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    . my 8500 AGR tune ...
    Which Riva MaptunerX Ďstageí tune are you using? Stage 1, stage 2?

Which gasoline octane is your tune set up for?
    What octane gasoline are you using?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Which Riva MaptunerX ‘stage’ tune are you using? Stage 1, stage 2?

Which gasoline octane is your tune set up for?
    What octane gasoline are you using?
    Stage 1 8500 AGR
    not sure about the gas
    running premium 92 or 93 from Costco.
    I may throw the plate on the mill for a lil haircut but I don't want this thing to ride like the old GPR's...still the best ski ( GP1800 )I have ever ridden

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Stage 1 8500 AGR
    not sure about the gas
    running premium 92 or 93 from Costco.
    I may throw the plate on the mill for a lil haircut but I don't want this thing to ride like the old GPR's...still the best ski ( GP1800 )I have ever ridden

You would not not be disappointed in the ride with a riva plate. It’s the best mod I did to my ski. Well, besides the maptuner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information