Gprxp turbo or et142?

Iím in the process of gathering parts for another Gprxp build. Iím having trouble deciding to go grf erf turbo or a 142 charger. How reliable are the new et142ís vs turbo? My plan is for a reliable (ish) 100mph.
    Is a ecu flash reliable for a turbo? I donít have money for motec and donít wanna be poppin motors

is the 142 charger reliable?

i know both options will get me to 100 so is the turbo worth the extra cost and complexityís?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stroke-tech View Post
    I’m in the process of gathering parts for another Gprxp build. I’m having trouble deciding to go grf erf turbo or a 142 charger. How reliable are the new et142’s vs turbo? My plan is for a reliable (ish) 100mph.
    Is a ecu flash reliable for a turbo? I don’t have money for motec and don’t wanna be poppin motors

i know both options will get me to 100 so is the turbo worth the extra cost and complexity’s?

doesnt help you much but I have a efr turbo gprxp and I love the turbo but miss the easiness of the supercharger. My main reason to upgrade was to remove the possibility of the supercharger failing and destroying my engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2stroke-tech View Post
    I’m in the process of gathering parts for another Gprxp build. I’m having trouble deciding to go grf erf turbo or a 142 charger. How reliable are the new et142’s vs turbo? My plan is for a reliable (ish) 100mph.
    Is a ecu flash reliable for a turbo? I don’t have money for motec and don’t wanna be poppin motors

i know both options will get me to 100 so is the turbo worth the extra cost and complexity’s?
    142 has nothing to compare on a turbo . SC stay away from them

+1
    Turbo cost a ton of money... custom piping and exhaust has to jacketed... it’s not for the budget builds... I went back and fourth and finally just went with a supercharger.

+1
    My turbo gprxp was built with a basic motor , valves , springs ,retainers ,pistons and balanced . 95mph at 8650rpm , i did 170 miles in a day . GRF kit is jacketed . Dont need a waterbox , you need to make cooler hoses either way you go . no charger will have a midrange like a turbo ... V tech have a good turbo tune ... TURBO IS A NO BRAINER

+1
    I come from both Turbo and now 142mm. I LOVED my turbo setup, there was nothing that pulled as hard and sounded so bad ass. I gave up the speed chasing and decided split up my turbo ski to jump into a new 2018 300. After a long winter of staring at the new ski, I said F it and ordered the 142mm. The 142mm was a pain in the balls to keep slip nice and tight. But when the slip held, the acceleration was crazy fun.

My current setup is all off the shelf riva bits. Maptuner, injectors and other supporting mods for 142mm charger.

Turbo is the way to go no doubt and is not that hard to put a good kit together and still be way under the grf set up but I do need to say if you know how to fabricate exc.If a turbo whl breaks its gonna take your motor out just like a super charger.The supercharger whl breaks because it is way to thin and it literally implodes but if you go with whl and spacer I have not seen one of those break.

I am working on a turbo'd set up that will definitely rip your arms off and it will be very easy to put together I will say this its definitely gonna be different stay tuned for the build coming soon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousballa45 View Post
    Turbo is the way to go no doubt and is not that hard to put a good kit together and still be way under the grf set up but I do need to say if you know how to fabricate exc.If a turbo whl breaks its gonna take your motor out just like a super charger.The supercharger whl breaks because it is way to thin and it literally implodes but if you go with whl and spacer I have not seen one of those break.

I am working on a turbo'd set up that will definitely rip your arms off and it will be very easy to put together I will say this its definitely gonna be different stay tuned for the build coming soon.
    how do you figure a turbo wheel would take out the engine? If the compressor wheel breaks apart it would get caught in the intercooler. If the exhaust turbine breaks it goes in the waterbox. Supercharger fails, spills its guts on the flywheel.

9. +1 by:

Thread Information