Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    +1
    Obviously it went lean. But if I were Yamaha and I saw that I would blame the tune also. My question is where inn the rpm range did it go lean? And is this just on the specific agr tune that he was using or other tunes have lean spots?
    Because I can't find anyone else that this happened to, just trying to figure out why as I'm about to start modifying mine, just trying to learn.

+1
    [QUOTE]Yeah - my slightly used (like new) rings and pistons are all yours earl, half price. I'll even give you free shipping.

So what kind of deal are we talking here!? I'm thinking that what ever half price is I wanna pay a quarter of that. I mean Yamaha is basically paying for new ones....
    Last edited by callmeEarl; 06-25-2019 at 06:54 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulse20098 View Post
    Obviously it went lean. But if I were Yamaha and I saw that I would blame the tune also. My question is where inn the rpm range did it go lean? And is this just on the specific agr tune that he was using or other tunes have lean spots?
    Because I can't find anyone else that this happened to, just trying to figure out why as I'm about to start modifying mine, just trying to learn.
    Wide open is where it would have caused an issue. For years with the skis that's all we could really change was the wot afrs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderx72 View Post
    Wide open is where it would have caused an issue. For years with the skis that's all we could really change was the wot afrs.
    Just seems odd to me, he even had the ribbon still installed. I don't think Riva would put that tune out there for everyone to have and make the middle 2 cylinders run that lean. Seems like something else may have had a hiccup somewhere.

They can't pinpoint the exact spot, but likely WOT like raider said.

When the dealer pulls the logs all they saw and showed me was

0-2000 RPM
    2000-4000RPM
    4000-6000RPM
    6000-8000RPM
    8000RPM+

and the respective times it ticked within those ranges.

I spoke to Jesus who reviewed the tune and said all looked fine, it is the stock AGR AGT tune. My guess is due to the fact that the tunes are setup for Florida weather, and I was running in March in NY, the cold OAT and WT likely caused the issue, but that's only speculation, can't confirm as there is no datalog.

I have a wideband AFR and boost gauge going in, with a datalogger, along with all the other work, so when I get back in the water and reflash i'll reload the exact tune and see if it gets lean at any point..if not, i'd say the weather was the wildcard factor.

1000 bucks earl, come and get em...

+1
    Yes these all the tunes are "safe" for the location and water temps they are tuned at.
    Once you change location and water temps thing change. Personally with a tune should have a afr gauge to see where you are at. And if you wanted to for a even safer tune get the map tuner and logging.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IanM88 View Post

1000 bucks earl, come and get em...

250 shipped!

+1
    Yes these all the tunes are "safe" for the location and water temps they are tuned at.
    Once you change location and water temps thing change. Personally with a tune should have a afr gauge to see where you are at. And if you wanted to for a even safer tune get the map tuner and logging.
    I should be fine then, being in Houston. I grew up in Orlando and the humidity is almost the exact same along with temperatures. Elevation depending what lake I go to is almost the same as well. Sucks that something like that happened, hopefully all goes well on the repairs for Ianm88

+1
    Afr guage is cheap to just know for sure

+1
    Afr guage is cheap to just know for sure
    Yeah I'll be getting datalogger, with an afr gauge, and a boost gauge. I've dealt with turbo and supercharged cars my whole life this can't be much different lol

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information