Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you sir and it is a lesson learned for sure.. all I can do is hope for the best and move on. It’s just shitty cause they made it a point and really suckered me. Even told me the old owner of the ski was friends with the owner of the place and that he was rich and did all the maintenance obsessively. If I bought it privately I would t expect much but I feel like a dealer should have known. They way they handled it really caught me off guard I was blown away and confused. I mean I bought a used motorcycle from mancuso a while back not only was it perfect I got a cake with my purchase lol. This whole thing with all the extra money out of pocket and everything is not expected. But tonight I got some of the ski back together and started it and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.. I have tons of parts on order and I’m just hoping for the best. Thanks everyone for the good advice and the support..

+1
    This is why i said fuck it, and bought new with payments. I bought a broken 2000 GPR, replaced the piston and cylinder. got 20 hours before it happened to a different one. I dont feel like wrenching anymore.. Anyways, im going outside to take apart my 2018 GP1800 and put some performance parts on it LOL.

3. +1 by:

+1
    what type of inspection did you do before purchase? If i were spending 6k on a used 2010 model i would have tested the key very thoroughly and being a supercharged model would have taken the hoses off the intercooler and checked the condition of it. did you check compression/ spark plug condition? did you look at impeller and wear ring for wear/clearance? did you check carbon ring/hat area for wear marks? etc. . . .

and the most important thing when considering a used PWC is to test ride it for at least 30 minutes minimum before any papers are signed.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by arctic388 View Post
    what type of inspection did you do before purchase? If i were spending 6k on a used 2010 model i would have tested the key very thoroughly and being a supercharged model would have taken the hoses off the intercooler and checked the condition of it. did you check compression/ spark plug condition? did you look at impeller and wear ring for wear/clearance? did you check carbon ring/hat area for wear marks? etc. . . .

and the most important thing when considering a used PWC is to test ride it for at least 30 minutes minimum before any papers are signed.
    Likely a good idea to read the entire thread

I’ll give you the short version

The dealer wasn’t truthful

Big surprise, huh?

+1
    I'm in northern Arkansas BUT...I have a customer in Dallas that comes up regularly. Real nice guy. I bet I could talk him into towing it up if you want somebody to fix it. My rates are very fair. Also plenty of folks here willing to help walk you through it. If you have some basic wrenching skills, with guidance, it's very do-able.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information