Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Outdoor powersports in gainsville tx stay far far away!!!!!!

SHADY BUSNESS PRACTICES DONT BUY A USED SKI HERE!!!!!!!So found this 2010 RXT-X, and it was such a good deal that I drove 5 hours to get it. (should have known better) It was sold to me as a running ski, and they even had me wait while they changed the oil (which it looks like they didn't ). They told me to hurry back so I could try it out that day and let them know how I liked it. It was a little dirty inside and scratched up, but it started and looked like with a little TLC she would shine. I get back to my house and launch it in the water. I had a hard time getting it to start because of the connection with the key, but I'm thinking there is probably a fix for that. I start it up and go to take off, and it wouldn't really rev. It feels like the power is slipping and it's just not going. I immediately called the dealer, and the finance guy answered. He was like "um sold as is, I'll have to get back to you Tuesday." Same dude that tried to sell me a $900 warranty ( I think they knew it was broken they way they pushed this). When I called to try and peacefully resolve this they yelled at me and were rude and basically told me i was screwed and I should learn to read the contract i signed. They said it was lake ready and its not they lied and want to do nothing to help. I spoke to the owner (total DICK btw) and he told me that my $250 refund was off the table. ( I never got offered one to begin with). So he starts out with all these legal terms and then basically tells me to pound sand. I cant believe I dropped 6k on a ski that doesn't work. Their argument is that if they water-tested all used skis that come in they would have to add 2k more to the price which i think is complete bs. So after a 10 hour drive and 2 calls to here to speak to people I got nothing not even any resolution. STAYYYYY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!! They are all dicks anyway might as well go somewhere nicer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0329.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	445621  

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    just a few observations

1-this was not such a good deal, as the price was low retail according to the NADA ( I consider trailers expendable items worth no more then $200). I looked at the ski on their site and last registration was four years ago. That's a sign of potential intercooler or fuel system trouble from sitting without being serviced for storage.

2-the dealers google reviews seem to indicate a willingness to do business

3-I'd be cautious about making smears against a dealer. They likely have an attorney on staff and they _could_ come after you for slander(see 4)

4-If you purchased a ski with a "as-is" warranty ( typical) it's on YOU to do due diligence. When I've sold skis they are always "as-is" with a strong statement that I do not have x-ray vision, so I have no idea if there is about to be a catastrophic engine failure. I do provide a Candoo engine operating report which shows the ECU rpm range and min/max temps the ski was exposed to while the battery was in. I have been taken to small claims court. I've never lost. The judge has admonished a couple of people over wasting time asking "do you understand what "as-is" means?, and once I was awarded $250 on a countersuit as the buyer was known to the judge! (he made a threat by email) I had asked for $2500. No boat shop in town would do business with him, I called a few places up north to let them know what to expect from him.

5-For a couple of hundred bucks you could have had an independent tech examine the ECU history and look over the ski for potential gotchas BEFORE you rolled it off their lot

6-Likely it needs a wear ring ( "power slipping") , DESS post ( see numerous threads on those failures) and spark plugs and an inter cooler ( no revving)

I would suggest you find a good independent to make the ski lake ready for the season. $6k is nothing to sneeze at, so consider the refresh costs tuition for the school of buying a used ski without insisting on a water test

yeah, I know, I'm rude, but that's just who I am, ask anybody around here. But we will as a community assist you in knocking that puppy into shape assuming the hours aren't at 700

disclaimer: I don't know ANYBODY at that dealer.

I would hope another member can refer you to a member shop in the area. I'm a two day trip away and I won't be open until may1 this year

here's what you can do in the meantime...get a bright light and take a look up the pump tunnel, post a picture of it. get some plugs, disconnect the intercooler hose and check for greasy residue. Clean the inside of the DESS key and the post, with a non abrasive scrubber pad.

I would say you didn't get a good deal, but depending on a few thing ( hours and bottom condition) you didn't get ripped off, but we'll see about that later.

again, sorry for being blunt, life is too short to sugar coat everything

Well it was sold as is but they also told me it was lake ready watertested and they they just changed the oil. None of those things happened. The sales guy told me to call him when I go ride that day to let them know how I liked it. I have tried to resolve this issue with the dealer before posting the owner was rude cocky and unwilling to help I was blown away at the unprofessionalism. Look if I’m paying 6k for a ski they I’m told is running at a dealership then I expect it to work when I first try it now if it breaks after or whatever on me. They told me “as is” when I called and I should have got the warranty. I’m sure they knew it was messed up wanted me to get the $900 warranty and then they get paid to fix it. I already have in pieces getting all the water out of it and just trying to figure this mess out.. as far as them suing me for slander... I say come at me bro I have plenty of pictures and videos.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whatnissan View Post
    Well it was sold as is but they also told me it was lake ready watertested and they they just changed the oil. None of those things happened. The sales guy told me to call him when I go ride that day to let them know how I liked it. I have tried to resolve this issue with the dealer before posting the owner was rude cocky and unwilling to help I was blown away at the unprofessionalism. Look if I’m paying 6k for a ski they I’m told is running at a dealership then I expect it to work when I first try it now if it breaks after or whatever on me. They told me “as is” when I called and I should have got the warranty. I’m sure they knew it was messed up wanted me to get the $900 warranty and then they get paid to fix it. I already have in pieces getting all the water out of it and just trying to figure this mess out.. as far as them suing me for slander... I say come at me bro I have plenty of pictures and videos.
    Unfortunately, If its not in writing....it never happened!

Unfortunately is right .. a running ski to me is a ski that’s ready for water. I mean that’s it’s pourpose isn’t it ?

+1
    Sounds like you need to quit wasting your time bashing the dealer, we get it. You got ripped off, but no one really cares. We may feel bad for you, but we dont care. Its now time to start tapping into the knowledge on this site to try and find out what is wrong with the ski. So far from what you have described it could be as simple as a bad wear ring.

7. +1 by:

I’m not bashing the dealer I’m letting people know my experience.. and I wish it was as simple as the wearing it is a failed Intercooler that got water all through the intake and the engine and has been sitting and broken for god knows how long. There are plenty of Texas peeps on here and I think they should know..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whatnissan View Post
    Iím not bashing the dealer Iím letting people know my experience.. and I wish it was as simple as the wearing it is a failed Intercooler that got water all through the intake and the engine and has been sitting and broken for god knows how long. There are plenty of Texas peeps on here and I think they should know..
    To be frank, blunt and somewhat rude the message youíre sending is not the one that you think you are.
    At the least I hope it makes you feel better about what happened

Good luck in life

10. +1 by:

I see that you run a jetski shop.. Would you sell a jetski to someone without water testing it? I might not be sending the message i think I am but I'm extremely pissed about the situation cause i paid the retail price for a running ski. Im going to get it running (hopefully) but I feel extremely taken advantage of. Could be anyone in my situation.

+1
    There of been lots of people in your situation

As long as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west this will not change

I get a couple of these every season both private and dealer sales

As with other people that have put their foot in the ďas isĒ bear trap I have no doubt you will pay very careful attention to sales contracts in the future

I hope after your repairs the ski provides good service for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information