Sportport pwc floating dock

Hey all,

I'm in the market for a floating dock and was curious to see what you guys think about this model. Most of the docks I see have rollers. What about putting carpet down to prevent scratching the hull? Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelect_20190311-145817_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	445600  

Stay away from rollers and I would think bunk carpet would work great

The rollers seem to be very popular but I've noticed one or two people comment about hull damage due to the rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJAWS View Post
    The rollers seem to be very popular but I've noticed one or two people comment about hull damage due to the rollers.
    I've seen alot more that 1 or 2

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJAWS View Post
    Hey all,

I'm in the market for a floating dock and was curious to see what you guys think about this model. Most of the docks I see have rollers. What about putting carpet down to prevent scratching the hull? Thanks.
    I have loved my sport ports for years..
    For the new Yami I did put carpet down to keep the marks down and spray "liquid rollers" to make it come off easier.
    The Only bad thing about these is putting ski in - Sometimes a little tough-Specially for the gravity challenged -like myself (125-130lb) Sometimes hard to get the 6-7-800lb ski sliding.
    Some friends use the black builder block style ,and the heavy ski's slide right off-But if you down pull it up all the way, the ride plate and pump area touch water too much..
    P.S. Rollers are great when you weekend use-Not to store the ski on during the week or worse -all season.. Very handy the first year-After that they dimple the bottom-or worse break and gouge the bottom-seen both.

Quote Originally Posted by KEYZBUM View Post
    I have loved my sport ports for years..
    For the new Yami I did put carpet down to keep the marks down and spray "liquid rollers" to make it come off easier.
    The Only bad thing about these is putting ski in - Sometimes a little tough-Specially for the gravity challenged -like myself (125-130lb) Sometimes hard to get the 6-7-800lb ski sliding.
    Some friends use the black builder block style ,and the heavy ski's slide right off-But if you down pull it up all the way, the ride plate and pump area touch water too much..
    What's up Matt

Also the new sea doo hulls are a deep V shape. Not sure what kind of floating dock would be best for that hull other than a lift.

Thread Information