+1

Pump install problem

I have only taken my pump out of my GP twice and the first time was when I installed all the stage 3 parts before ever putting it in the water, so new. I had to cut the factory prop off and damaged the shaft a little with all the beating grinding and such. Anyway I reused the shaft and when trying to install it would not fully engage into the intermediate shaft. I though I might have mushroomed it a little so I just pulled it in with some bolts I had then changed them to the factory. This time of course I had to pry it out and then replaced the shaft with a new one. It is doing the same thing though. I have pulled the shaft sleeve and can see it is only engaging about 1 inch. Have any of you seen this? I guess I should change the intermediate shaft but was hoping that one of you have another suggestion.

+1
    Could be too much grease in the intermediate shaft, or your coupler is badly misaligned (this was the case for me after a botched warranty job, and took me ages to find out). Hopefully that helps!

+1
    You had to cut the impeller off a zero hour ski? Were you turning it in the proper direction? If you mushroomed the shaft you probably damaged the intermediate shaft by forcing it together. I would try to borrow a pump, or maybe buy a new pump shaft, and try to install it in the ski. If it doesn't slide in with just a little effort (no hammering or the like) the intermediate shaft should be replaced.

+1
    Yes a zero hour ski. After cutting the old one off there were damaged threads where it looked like maybe when they machine installed the impeller onto the shaft they just somewhat cross threaded it. I have a new shaft and an intermediate shaft coming.

Thread Information