2018 RXP-X 300 Riva Racing Speed Control Override Module (SCOM) question...

Hey all, new to Greenhulk PWC forums, but glad I found these to be able to share content with fellow PWC enthusiasts and perhaps gain a little further understanding. That said, as the title says, I just installed a new Riva Racing SCOM yesterday into my 2018 RXP-X 300. She only has 7 hours on the dash so my 5 hour break in is complete. I also talked the wife into letting me get an oil catch can too to help prolong the life of the intake and intercooler as I've seen that it really is a good "upgrade."

Like others before me my question is performance related, though I guess I can't seem to truly find the answer. I went out today to test her out to make sure I installed everything correctly. Got her off the trailer in St. Andrews Bay (Panama City Beach) area, rode her for a few mins to warm her up and then moment of truth to see my new parts kick in. Well, I think they're working anyhow, but it's hard to say for sure. I saw 73 today on the gauge which is certainly a smidge quicker than "bone stock" of 69-70. But for one I still feel like I'm hitting that "wall" of the GPS trying to hold it back, and I also want to see those 74-75 mph numbers Riva boasts about. I of course use nothing but 93 octane in my ski and today I only had about 3/4 tank of gas to start. Admittedly, conditions out today were no where close to perfect as it was a bit breezy thus choppy. I had a few moments here and there to really hook her up, but I don't really think I ever saw anything beyond 73 today. Is that normal? Also, nothing was in my catch can, though that may not necessarily be a bad thing. When can I expect there to be an accumulation in it? After every ride? Every other ride? I only rode for about an hour though today just to test my new toys out so that I suppose could also answer my question.

Anyone here have any ideas? Thanks for the help!

+1
    The scom removed the gps limiter but the rev limiter still remains the same which is 8080 rpm I believe. So thats what you are feeling holding the ski back. As far as the speed numbers water/wind conditions plus trim and how you are sitting on the ski all effect the top speed number. It does sound like youre in the right ballpark though. Seeing nothing in the catch can with justa scom is completely normal too.

Ahould gone with a reflash of the ecu and not scom. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by RathKC View Post
    Hey all, new to Greenhulk PWC forums, but glad I found these to be able to share content with fellow PWC enthusiasts and perhaps gain a little further understanding. That said, as the title says, I just installed a new Riva Racing SCOM yesterday into my 2018 RXP-X 300. She only has 7 hours on the dash so my 5 hour break in is complete. I also talked the wife into letting me get an oil catch can too to help prolong the life of the intake and intercooler as I've seen that it really is a good "upgrade."

Like others before me my question is performance related, though I guess I can't seem to truly find the answer. I went out today to test her out to make sure I installed everything correctly. Got her off the trailer in St. Andrews Bay (Panama City Beach) area, rode her for a few mins to warm her up and then moment of truth to see my new parts kick in. Well, I think they're working anyhow, but it's hard to say for sure. I saw 73 today on the gauge which is certainly a smidge quicker than "bone stock" of 69-70. But for one I still feel like I'm hitting that "wall" of the GPS trying to hold it back, and I also want to see those 74-75 mph numbers Riva boasts about. I of course use nothing but 93 octane in my ski and today I only had about 3/4 tank of gas to start. Admittedly, conditions out today were no where close to perfect as it was a bit breezy thus choppy. I had a few moments here and there to really hook her up, but I don't really think I ever saw anything beyond 73 today. Is that normal? Also, nothing was in my catch can, though that may not necessarily be a bad thing. When can I expect there to be an accumulation in it? After every ride? Every other ride? I only rode for about an hour though today just to test my new toys out so that I suppose could also answer my question.

Anyone here have any ideas? Thanks for the help!

+1
    Don’t worry it will be warm enough soon, you’ll be thrilled to turn 8080rpm. This time a year you may get up to another 60-100rpm with the flash if it’s cool out and the water is cool...but once summer kicks in in high gear your rpm will drop down into the 7500-7600 rpm range. Also there is about a 2mph gain after your burn of 10 gallons or 60lbs of fuel. I think riva tests at a 3rd tank of gas and their rider is probably 170lbs. Moral to the story, weight and weather conditions matter a lot. Enjoy your px, not the fastest ski around but the most fun all around IMO. I’m on my 3rd px

get the map tune...

RIVA Maptuner X Tuning Bundle Pack for Sea Doo Skis

The MaptunerX Bundle delivers instant plug-in horsepower! Quickly and easily load performance tunes into your watercraft, ATV or UTV eliminating the...
    RS110SC-B $1,019.85 $899.95
    12% discount

... more info

Thread Information