Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New rxtx 300, what to start with?

Hey guys,

Just traded my spark Trixx in for a 2018 rxtx300 and am super excited to give it a maiden voyage tommorow but I was already thinking about mods. I was thinking for at least a few years to keep it simple since I have a 5 year warranty on it so I was thinking just scom and catch can but saw the scom mount needs drilling to be done to the hull which I really don't want to do since if I put their intake on later the mounting location is supposed to change anyway which would result in even more hulls. I guess I was wondering if I just got the scom for now if I can just ziptie it near the ecm or modules near the plug. Also does greenhulk have any discount codes for Riva? Thanks guys!

just get the map tune...

RIVA Maptuner X Tuning Bundle Pack for Sea Doo Skis

The MaptunerX Bundle delivers instant plug-in horsepower! Quickly and easily load performance tunes into your watercraft, ATV or UTV eliminating the...
    RS110SC-B $1,019.85 $899.95
    12% discount

... more info

+1
    ditto, just do a base flash and release the beast! It'll run 8100-8200 and 75-78mph maybe a little more depending on weight on board. Intakes, imuks, exhaust are worth very little gain for the money.

I think you covered all bases for yourself.

Budget friendly mods;
    1) Base re flash ( Not SCOM / Not Maptuner X ) - I've seen people get to ~80 mph with just a tune.
    2) Catch Can ( probably first thing you should do before you ride it )

3) Re-pitched prop ( done by knowledgeable/experienced tech)- seen people get 83.4 mph (Garmin measured) with reflash and prop work .

If you aren't happy with those speeds, you probably should've gone yammy ;

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon2580 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just traded my spark Trixx in for a 2018 rxtx300 and am super excited to give it a maiden voyage tommorow but I was already thinking about mods. I was thinking for at least a few years to keep it simple since I have a 5 year warranty on it so I was thinking just scom and catch can but saw the scom mount needs drilling to be done to the hull which I really don't want to do since if I put their intake on later the mounting location is supposed to change anyway which would result in even more hulls. I guess I was wondering if I just got the scom for now if I can just ziptie it near the ecm or modules near the plug. Also does greenhulk have any discount codes for Riva? Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Dreadknotz; 03-09-2019 at 12:36 PM.

+1
    Just echo'ing Dreadknotz comments. Do those mods and you'll be in good shape.

Okay guys yesterday I took it out and fought the cold water and while at the same time holy sh*t this thing has some insane power, you don't even need to jump waves just trim all the way up and it'll jump with it's own power I definitely would rather tune to the 8300 rather than scom. Without the Riva power filter or exhaust which I kinda don't want to do for a bit my ski would be reliable with just the tune and catch can so long as I run 91-93 octane correct?

And deadknots you mention I don't need the maptuner X for the base tune is it like the spark where I would just send my ecm in and have it flashed and sent back? Also is warranty sketchy with the base tune?

+1
    And deadknots you mention I don't need the maptuner X for the base tune is it like the spark where I would just send my ecm in and have it flashed and sent back? Also is warranty sketchy with the base tune?
    For base tune you can buy it through the greenhulk store and then I think you send it to Riva they can flash it. The base flash is solid, but if you by some chance lost an engine, could be touch and go. These motors have been solid though. Get 10-15hrs on it, change the oil/plugs and if it's all good flash away is what I say.

RIVA Mail In ECU Reprogramming Service

Unlock the full potential of your watercraft with our ECU Reprogramming Service. This reflash service is performed by RIVA's world famous tuning...
    RYS11UNI-RS $599.95

RIVA Maptuner X Tuning Bundle Pack for Sea Doo Skis

The MaptunerX Bundle delivers instant plug-in horsepower! Quickly and easily load performance tunes into your watercraft, ATV or UTV eliminating the...
    RS110SC-B $1,019.85 $899.95
    12% discount

... more info

+1
    Okay guys yesterday I took it out and fought the cold water and while at the same time holy sh*t this thing has some insane power, you don't even need to jump waves just trim all the way up and it'll jump with it's own power I definitely would rather tune to the 8300 rather than scom. Without the Riva power filter or exhaust which I kinda don't want to do for a bit my ski would be reliable with just the tune and catch can so long as I run 91-93 octane correct?
    Exhaust is just noise and no power gain...
    Riva intake is expensive and not worth the money if you’re only doing a “mild”tune... if you get into the 8500 tune then just do a 4“ rear air intake with a filter on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    For base tune you can buy it through the greenhulk store and then I think you send it to Riva they can flash it. The base flash is solid, but if you by some chance lost an engine, could be touch and go. These motors have been solid though. Get 10-15hrs on it, change the oil/plugs and if it's all good flash away is what I say.
    That's sort of the plan now, it has 7 hours I was gonna throw a catch can on it now and then get it to 15hrs to be sure the engine is solid(which so far this thing can take some crazy abuse) then change oil and plugs and do the scom or tune

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information