Ultra 310x advice

Hi all,

I am based on the Gold Coast Australia and looking to get my first JetSki.

Iíve done lots of research and the 310x seems to be an ideal option. The Ultra LX would have been a better option but I think Iíd rather have too much speed available rather than too little. I followed a couple of people buying their Ultra LXs and while mostly happy they seemed worried that theyíd outgrow the top speed too soon.

The main reason for the Kawasaki in general is the hull. I donít plan to do much on the rivers and my area has restrictions on the creeks so open water with bar crossings and heading out to cook island for scuba etc are is what Iíll be hoping to do. Itís pretty choppy so the heavier the ski and the deeper the hull seems the best option.

Unfortunately my budget top end puts me slap bang into the 2015 year. There are several about all with around 50 hours. Iíve asked and none have had the piston changes and all are out of warranty.

I wonder if general maintenance aside Iím taking a big risk? If pistons failed and Iíd maxed out the budget it would become an expensive ornament for a while. Would it be better for example to pick up an older ultra 300 and just put money aside for potential issues in future.

Alternatively is there anything NA by Yamaha that offers a similar open water experience. I thought maybe the FX HO but donít think I found glowing reviews of the hull.

One final question I notice that Kawasaki often have a sticker/plate on the engine under the Kawasaki logo. Iím presuming that isnít a VIN/HIN but thought Iíd ask as I noticed one or two donít have it.

Thanks for any ideas.

+1
    The sticker on top of the engine is the engine serial number.

You can still get a one year extended warranty for a 2015. When I bought my '15 last year, they offered 2 years for about $980 USD IIRC.

Thanks for that. Worth looking into the warranty. Wonder if it’s the same in Australia. Has your 310x been ok?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    call Jamie from Brisbane Kawasaki.........

I promise you its worth your drive ............

Waren

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaprop View Post
    Thanks for that. Worth looking into the warranty. Wonder if it’s the same in Australia. Has your 310x been ok?
    It's been fine, but it has less than 20 hours on it. I sure hope I get to ride it some this coming year!

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    call Jamie from Brisbane Kawasaki.........

I promise you its worth your drive ............

Waren
    Hi Warren,

Bloody right, thanks for that intro. Gave a call and feel much more confident.

When I pick mine up, that is where I will be taking it for service.

Appreciate the insight.

James

7. +1 by:

Thread Information