+1

Honest BRP Premium Audio Review w/pics

I'm going to start off with my thoughts on the BRP Premium Audio System. To give my self credibility, I have installed thousands of audio systems from a $35 deck in a Honda Civic to a 600hr custom marine build spanning several months.

Why I bought the BRP audio upgrade:
    Honestly it was because I'm no longer in the industry and no longer have the desire to make custom fabricated parts so the factory pods looked pretty good! I did not go into it thinking the factory speakers would sound very good.

Build Quality?
    The stuff looks solid, the amp is a decent size and its spaced off the panel to allow for proper airflow. Speaker/crossover look monstrous and capable of serious bass.... The source unit, amp and left speaker are all in the left pod. The right pod just has the other speaker in it. The amp is suppose to give 50 watts to each speaker so this should allow for decent sound. The speakers are made to withstand marine environments and the o-ring "sealed" enclosure is a bass reflex enclosure which had me excited.

Sound Quality?
    Everything physically looks like it would pound and be pretty loud.....however I think the amp cuts the speakers off way too soon... they hardly have any mid-bass and no bass.... they go decently loud but it's nothing special. I would be curious to simply replace the amp and see what kind of sound I could get out of these stock speakers (for guys trying to keep the stock look, not spend a lot and really up the sound quality/bass). It's apparent whoever designed the speakers designed them robustly and they were made to pound...whoever made the call on the amplifier cutting off so early (HPF) killed the package.

Should you buy it?
    Yes! It's not perfect, but for the price its decent. A huge plus and the reason I purchased my ski with the system is it leaves a lot of clean looking options later that I can upgrade to!

It's available here in the GreenHulk Store
    Sea-Doo OEM PWC BRP Premium Audio System RXT GTX Wake Pro

Fully integrated BRP Premium Audio System. Bluetooth† connectivity. Fully-submersible. Two powerful 50 watts speakers for music clarity, even while...
    295100711 $949.99

Also keep an eye out for the following how to articles. I will post these up on here soon with detailed instructions and photos.... the internet is lacking these.

How to install Ergolock knee pads on the GTX
    How to install the BRP Premium Audio System on the GTX/RXT ( also more important if you bought your ski with these on I will tell you how the heck to take em off!!)
    How to install the USB port on the GTX/RXT
    How to install a proper(marine rated) bilge system
    How to add aftermarket electrical components to true Marine standards (For corrosion and fire/explosion resistance)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7910.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	445452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7909.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	445451   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7892.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	445450  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RR697 View Post
    Also keep an eye out for the following how to articles. I will post these up on here soon with detailed instructions and photos.... the internet is lacking these.
    That would be a good contribution to the forum !

+1
    Upgrade the amp DIY.

+1
    Excellent review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share this with us.

+1
    I completely agree... the stereo system is well worth the money. Is it a high end, competition level stereo, no but it cranks just fine up until about 55... after that, you really can't hear it. I'm planning on upgrading the amp and if any has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush View Post
    I completely agree... the stereo system is well worth the money. Is it a high end, competition level stereo, no but it cranks just fine up until about 55... after that, you really can't hear it. I'm planning on upgrading the amp and if any has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
    I will be posting a full upgrade of the system soon. I suspect the speakers have lot more to give then they are putting out with the factory amp. I will test and let you know soon. If so then you need to change the amp which will also require acquiring a clean source. The cheapest way to do this is to replace the factory bluetooth controller with the JL audio controller. I will post this aswell.

Thread Information