Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Did anyone do anything with their audio in the last month? I also just got speakers and may want to upgrade too!

Has anyone up graded yet? If so what did you do and more info please

+1
    I just saw this and looks like it could be a good alternative!

Wet Jet Performance -

RTG sound system - The speakers are coated carbon fiber and the horns are above marine rated. Standard marine rated stuff doesnít see constant direct water exposure. The RTG 8 elite is 700 watts with carbon fiber 8 inch compression horn drivers. All plug and play with no drilling or cutting. We utilize the oem mounting points.

https://youtu.be/UhxTtABRTNg

+1
    That looks promising. Might be a little overkill for what I personally would want but a very nice setup. I would just love to hear the music bump when I am ripping over 40mph which is where I normally stop hearing the music and start the hear the wind noise. Also, any more bass is a welcomed addition.

Hi All, Has anyone made any progress ?

Im looking to get the most out of these speakers so thinking a secondary more powerful inline amp is the way forward?

want to avoid changing out the Bluetooth controller etc.
    I thought I found an alternative in the Fusion blackbox, but its lacking power.

Seen posts on this forum and other about the BRP premium audio package and upgrading the amp. Has anyone figured out how this is done yet please? We have 2 GTX300's and you can hear the stereo. No-one seems to have followed up with an actual post - has anyone done it yet? Would appreciate any guidance.

+1
    I upgraded the amp last weekend with a DS18 200.2D Hydro using the factory controller. I had to make a bracket for the amp, but I have it mounted where the factory amp is. WAY more volume, but I need to ditch the factory speakers, I think the tweeters are on the way out. The bracket was made out of a piece of sheetmetal I had laying around and a piece of 1x1 angle iron I welded to the bottom.

To start with, the diagram posted earlier was correct. I spent a lot of time tracing and cutting wires out of the harness.
    Step one: pull the left speaker pod
    Step two: pull the hood cover, and don't drop it on the concrete like I did
    Step three: run new power cables to the battery for the new amp using one of the 2 tubes under the hood cover. You're going to need a quick disconnect like this if you ever plan on pulling the pods again without it being a massive pain in the ass: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Step four: remove speaker (don't forget when removing speaker cover to push a small pick or allen wrench in the hole on the bottom the tab) split the speaker housing and disconnect harness from everything
    Step five: remove factory amp
    Step six: cut the tape off the harness. find the 4 speaker outputs from the factory controller (2 light green with tracer and 2 green with tracer) and splice on an RCA wire. Follow the wire diagram posted earlier for the speaker outputs.

It's easy to do...I think I spent more time on waiting on the paint to dry on the bracket I built than actually wiring it, but right now I have an humming issue when the RCAs are plugged into the amp and does not change whether the motor is running or not, I think it has something to do with the RCA splice. I'll have to investigate that this weekend when I pop new speakers in the pods.

+1
    PICTURES? Let us know if you get rid of the humming noise.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AZRIVERBOY View Post
    PICTURES? Let us know if you get rid of the humming noise.

Haven't really messed with it this weekend, so no update on the hum...but did pull the speaker out to take a couple of pics. In one of the pics you'll see I had to add another notch to get the factory speaker to fit. Everything else is fairly straight forward

Edit...Hum was removed using a ground loop isolator from Amazon. JL Audio M6s sound amazing enough that people thought the music was coming from the boat beside me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210516_132323.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	474153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210516_132314.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	474154  
    Last edited by Wildjon3006; 07-07-2021 at 10:03 AM.

+1
    Here's another picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210516_132307.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	474155  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information