Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

+1
    I would not think you would have to flush out your intercooler or engine if you will be riding in fresh water, unless were you are riding were there is algae or plant debris in the lake.
    Last edited by cjk6119; 11-20-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    Yellow Jacket....I'll be at about 83-84 with my Dean's level 1 tune on my FX once I add my Fizzle. I would think you'd have more speed out of a Riva stage 3 setup.
    im at 88 mph with my stage 3 fx svho…

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    Yellow Jacket....I'll be at about 83-84 with my Dean's level 1 tune on my FX once I add my Fizzle. I would think you'd have more speed out of a Riva stage 3 setup.
    my ski a stage 3 with 9500 limiter & 17lb wheel running low 88 mph @ 9120-9200 r's. I don't think that's to bad...if u think that's slow, then hats off to you...ive only see a couple fx with the 17 lb wheel break 89. my best run was a 89.6 mph but never backed it up. my afr's are good spring and fall but a little rich during the summer, but the ski is safe and for now its staying that away.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 11-20-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Lake Lion
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    im at 88 mph with my stage 3 fx svho…
    That's the right speed with stock cams, that wheel and RPM

+1
    my ski a stage 3 with 9500 limiter & 17lb wheel running low 88 mph @ 9120-9200 r's. I don't think that's to bad...if u think that's slow, then hats off to you...ive only see a couple fx with the 17 lb wheel break 89. my best run was a 89.6 mph but never backed it up. my afr's are good spring and fall but a little rich during the summer, but the ski is safe and for now its staying that away.
    Not saying that's slow! Far from it! Just not a big fan of Riva's products. I think we can all get more speed somewhere else. I can reasonably expect 83 with the Fizzle. Haven't touched my wheel yet. Limiter set at 8650. At the end of the day....with a Dean's level 1....I would be questioning how much speed I could get with the Riva tune....

the deans tune are more aggressive than the rivas tunes but if u take the time and check ur afr at different rpm range, elevation, ur climate, ski set up or get a data logger and send the info to jessus he will custom map u a tune for ur ski. if u want, one spring and one summer that will be as aggressive as deans or more. with deans u haft to pull the it and send it back for a map change with the riva maptune u just send a e mail to jesus and he will send u a new tune...its the same deal but quicker, no down time waiting for the mail...that i think is the game changer.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 11-21-2019 at 07:08 AM.

+1
    just putting this here,

one season with new Riva cooler and no issues and no soak whatsoever stage 2 plus running a custom map from riva/ jesus that he worked on with me 8800 rpm limit, no warm start issue since the jesus took care of the tune. Love being able to flash the ski as needed. And the tune is still completely safe.

As they said in the big lebowski...."Nobody f$cks with the jesus"

Here's my .02 with the riva cooler
    ... off the trailer it'll spin. A touch over 9k and after a pass or 2 it's only about 8800rpm our water/air is cold right now. The fizzle on my ski same air/water temp says 70*f and doesnt budge. IMO the riva is heat soaked. Also the spring in the tial BOV they sell is way too tight if You put a big wheel in there. The f20+ it surged so bad it's not fun to cruise around on. Take it apart and put the 2psi spring in there and no problems.

Maybe its built to sell to the masses who will either deal with it or wont notice but it should at least be noted somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhc View Post
    Here's my .02 with the riva cooler
    ... off the trailer it'll spin. A touch over 9k and after a pass or 2 it's only about 8800rpm our water/air is cold right now. The fizzle on my ski same air/water temp says 70*f and doesnt budge. IMO the riva is heat soaked. Also the spring in the tial BOV they sell is way too tight if You put a big wheel in there. The f20+ it surged so bad it's not fun to cruise around on. Take it apart and put the 2psi spring in there and no problems.

Maybe its built to sell to the masses who will either deal with it or wont notice but it should at least be noted somewhere.
    and there is what we are looking for good hard facts...what wheel are you running is it a new I/C and do your run a strainer. im on a 17 lb wheel and run a water strainer. i don't lose but about 40 r's due to heat fade on my riva gen 3 I/C. now a friend of mine will lose about 200 r's after a pass of 2 like you do on his riva gen 3 I/C but he's running a 20 lb wheel 9100-9300 r's...it could be like fizzle said his I/C will handle more hp or bigger S/C...but on the other hand I've head of a gp in Richmond who had a fizzle on his ski im thinking with a 19 lb wheel who had a good amount of heat fade. I believe from what I heard he bought a riva gen 3 and sold the fizzle...if im wrong about this info he can chime in.
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 11-21-2019 at 06:42 PM.

and there is what we are looking for good hard facts...what wheel are you running im on a 17 lb wheel and don't lose but about 40 r's due to heat fade on my riva gen 3 I/C. now a friend of mine will lose about 200 r's after a pass of 2 like you do on his riva gen 3 I/C but he's running a 20 lb wheel 9100-9300 r's...it could be like fizzle said his I/C will handle more hp or bigger S/C...
    He was running a 20lb wheel setup. Makes it hard to dial in IMO. Say you have a 9500 limiter and want it to run 9300 consistently, if I know I'm going to loose 300 I cant pitch it to run 9600 when it's cold expecting the 300rpm drop.... I know I know move the limiter hahaha just not the right way to do it IMO

Not a bad intercooler but overall I believe the fizzle superior for the consistency

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information