Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

+1
    James,

How close is the Fizzle IC to the timing chain tensioner? My biggest complaint about the older Riva is that is it always in the way when I go to change or move cam timing. Big PAI. I would buy Fizzzle to save the time.

I use a manual tensioner and it is still in my way. I have to loosen it from the mount and move it forward every time.

Is your IC shorter then the Riva?

Robert

+1
    Hey Robert, here's some pics of the space between the Fizzle intercooler and the block. There's about 2 inches of clearance. Keep in mind the top pipe on the Fizzle can be taken off by loosening 2 clamps so you have more room to work.

Quote Originally Posted by rcrisafulli View Post
    James,

How close is the Fizzle IC to the timing chain tensioner? My biggest complaint about the older Riva is that is it always in the way when I go to change or move cam timing. Big PAI. I would buy Fizzzle to save the time.

I use a manual tensioner and it is still in my way. I have to loosen it from the mount and move it forward every time.

Is your IC shorter then the Riva?

Robert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_140553.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	447430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190423_140608.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	447432  

+1
    Any updates from the guys running the riva gen 3 intercooler?

+1
    Im running a new gen 3 riva. I had the earlier one before that too. Its definitely an improvement although I had zero problems with either. The mounting on the gen 3 is great with the all aluminum bracket. Install is clean and out of the way. The hose lengths are not that big a deal and really have not bearing on performance. There are numerous engine builds out there that run boost pipes just as long ie automotive world. If it were that big of a deal we would hear about it in the performance and racing world as well.

My ski is running about 88 on gps maptuner x agr 8800 tune with no issues and about 30 hrs on it. Hell I run in a river and bay and don't even go WOT that often because is fricken scary lol

Both companies make great coolers and I believe even the fizzle has a new version but that is a positive thing. That means they are improving and innovating. it really comes down to personal preference not that the new gen 3 is really good and affordable. Both come with the same tial valve too.

I don't know who has a better warranty but I know the fizzle service is good from what I hear and communication is great.

Hope this helps.

I will say....on a side note when it comes to (ECM)tuning I recommend maptuner x hands down and jesus from riva. You can be assured you get quality powerful and above all, safe tunes. I have gotten at least 3 different files from Jesus from Riva and fast response whenever I needed it. Just a shout out

+1

+1
    Thats the old design and probably a small sample of those that did that. Most that did were salt water riders that didn't flush from what I've heard.

But I think everyone would agree that those cores were definitely not as good as fizzles. QC definitely had some issues but those earlier Riva coolers were built for people who wanted to take them apart and service them and literally no one ever did it unless they were a race team or something.

Again only posting this to clarify as that youtube video has no bearing in the convo since we are talking about the new GEN 3 coolers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMD13 View Post
    I don't know who has a better warranty but I know the fizzle service is good from what I hear and communication is great.
    Thanks Dave! The Fizzle Intercooler has a full year of warranty plus a 2nd and 3rd year of partial coverage.

+1
    Forgive me for not starting a new thread but since you were already discussing the 2 intercoolers I am considering I'll ask here.

Both companies advertise a substantial speed bump with their intercoolers but how does a bigger better intercooler make the ski go faster if we are talking about the 1st run of the day when the cooler isn't heat soaked?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toledoupsguy View Post
    Forgive me for not starting a new thread but since you were already discussing the 2 intercoolers I am considering I'll ask here.

Both companies advertise a substantial speed bump with their intercoolers but how does a bigger better intercooler make the ski go faster if we are talking about the 1st run of the day when the cooler isn't heat soaked?
    Consistently faster
    Not just a fast peak

+1
    I installed the fizzle 500 over the weekend on my 14' FX. Finally hit 80 for the first time, solid 2mph gain. Happy customer

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information