Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Which 2 side are the aux battery loads connected to?

+1
    The top 2, but I use the AUX battery as back up jump battery only... since all my loads like seadoo speakers, Sonar and Seadoo USB drain from the Starter battery.
    So when engine running both batteries get charged but when i stop, all the load is taken from the starter battery because i don't want to rewire everything to Aux battery.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacha View Post
    ... I use the AUX battery as back up jump battery only... since all my loads like seadoo speakers, Sonar and Seadoo USB drain from the Starter battery.

So when engine running both batteries get charged but when i stop, all the load is taken from the starter battery because i don't want to rewire everything to Aux battery.
    Thank you for explaining that.

Your configuration is unusual, using the Aux battery to boost start a weakened main battery, rather than saving the main battery from being drained by connecting the auxiliary loads directly to the Aux battery.

+1
    Very true but if I connect other loads to my Aux batteries then both will be draining power since all the factory seadoo equipment runs of the main battery.
    I can always flick the main switch to Combined and it would join both batteries like seadoo originally intended with the battery kit.

+1
    Yeah, joining (parallel connecting) two batteries is generally not best practice even for charging. Of course it depends on what added fuses or safety's are a part of the join circuit, being my point is that one battery could (in a defective state / aka grounded cell) become a load to the other.
    Like I mentioned previously ... my dual setup is applied as a single-batt system. Switch to batt 1 (all day) on odd days, then switch to batt 2 (all day) on even days insures equal use. Even on running/riding, I won't 'both" the switch - rather just choose one or the other. The switch - while a deliberate mechanical action - is simply my 'instant battery changer' if I ever excessively drain my designated batt on that day.
    My past submarine experience lends me to keeping redundant power systems very basic... and the less fancy 'auto-switcher' gizmo's integrated in the system, the less likely for failures. And while my switch itself could fail... I'd just pop its cover off and bypass/short the poles with a tool if it really came to it.

+1
    I totally agree with you when it comes to simple, and basic. That’s how it started in the first place .. when I bought the seadoo duel battery kit I found that like you said it just joined the two batteries for bigger AH really and the motor would charge both when riding also charge both if plugged at home.
    What I wanted to do is separate the two for redundancy your point again. But I also wanted to charge both during engine operation and also when plugged to the wall at home.
    So the simplest setup for me was the Blue Sea kit.
    True that there more bits that can go wrong and fail. But that’s why I carry tools to almost be able to do most of the basic work. ( I will share my tool kit one day and would love input)
    I would think the best way to charge dual batteries is to use a DC/DC charger but that would even be more complicated wiring heheh. I have that on my Camper ��

Thanks so much for your comments and input, it helps me and others that read threw.

Cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information