Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Yamaha waverunner vxs 2011 High output 45mph top speed?

    Hello everyone

    I own a yamaha 2011 vxs HO, I bought it a few months ago and since the very first day never been able to reach more than 45mph and 5000rpm... I have switched the plugs for new ones and changed the fuel for a new fuel,... When I open the throttle it seems like at 75% throttle it stops reving and speeding, the 25% throttle left is useless.. I've been reading service manuals and I've found that fuel injectors could be the problem but honestly I don't think that cleaning injectors will give me the 20mph that the watercraft is missing from its stock top speed... Any advice!? Thanks


  2. #2
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,594
    +1
    750
    How many hours on the ski and what's your RPMs?

  3. #3
    MR-1 X 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
    Posts
    421
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Drlove View Post
    Hello everyone

    I own a yamaha 2011 vxs HO, I bought it a few months ago and since the very first day never been able to reach more than 45mph and 5000rpm... I have switched the plugs for new ones and changed the fuel for a new fuel,... When I open the throttle it seems like at 75% throttle it stops reving and speeding, the 25% throttle left is useless.. I've been reading service manuals and I've found that fuel injectors could be the problem but honestly I don't think that cleaning injectors will give me the 20mph that the watercraft is missing from its stock top speed... Any advice!? Thanks

    Sounds like it may be in Learners mode. Do you have the security Fob to lock/unlock ski?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    573
    +1
    80
    My 2013 VXR does low 50s when in learner mode. Otherwise, high 60s at @7600rpm. To the right of the dash, is the light on where it's written L-mode? Hopefully you have the security/learner mode fob as mentioned. If not, then a run to the dealer because they have to program a new one to the ski. I have a pdf copy of the owners manual if you need it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    How many hours on the ski and what's your RPMs?
    Hours 107, rpms are 5000, no more than that. Spark plugs are new, oil and fuel as well.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MR-1 X 2 View Post
    Sounds like it may be in Learners mode. Do you have the security Fob to lock/unlock ski?
    Never heard of learners mode, so you mean Low rpm mode? And yes I have the unlock remote, and I have already tried and the machine is not on low rpm mode when I test it, and when I activate the low rpm it even gets slower, doesn't even reach 25mph or 3000 rpm.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Erierunner View Post
    My 2013 VXR does low 50s when in learner mode. Otherwise, high 60s at @7600rpm. To the right of the dash, is the light on where it's written L-mode? Hopefully you have the security/learner mode fob as mentioned. If not, then a run to the dealer because they have to program a new one to the ski. I have a pdf copy of the owners manual if you need it.
    On Low rpm mode it doesn't reach 25mphUnlocked it doesn't reach more than 45mph... There's is something going on and it's not the lrpm mode.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-13-2016, 12:21 PM
  2. yamaha fx high output upgrade
    By whitelade24 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 07:49 PM
  3. Looking to buy a 2006 Yamaha FX High Output???????
    By ArslanD in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 10:42 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 08:23 AM
  5. FS 2007 Yamaha FX High Output for Sale in Socal
    By shawn alladio in forum Yamaha 4 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 12:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •