How to check MSX 150 oil pump??

The manual doesn't really give any info on checking the high pressure pump on an MSX150. I assume the wear point is the rotor tip clearance, but can anyone advise on what's acceptable? Also, I have some light scoring on the inside of the aluminum cover, but no gouges, Is that OK? Any thoughts will help.

+1
    I've never seen testing specs on the high pressure oil pump. I would ensure the rotor to housing clearances are tight and that there is no scoring or gouges (like you did). The circular scuffs on the pump cover are normal. I've seen those on every oil pump.

If in doubt... or (of course) if there was oil pressure issues... I would just replace the oil pump. It's a pretty cheap part for the Weber.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ripcuda View Post
    I've never seen testing specs on the high pressure oil pump. I would ensure the rotor to housing clearances are tight and that there is no scoring or gouges (like you did). The circular scuffs on the pump cover are normal. I've seen those on every oil pump.

If in doubt... or (of course) if there was oil pressure issues... I would just replace the oil pump. It's a pretty cheap part for the Weber.

Cheers!
    Thanks, a new pump was installed two years ago, and the rotor tip clearance is 3 thou right now. I was more concerned with the scuffs, and you've put my mind at rest on that score. Since this is the second rebuild on this engine, I'm trying to dot all the i's.

Thread Information