Blow off valve / map sensor question

Hey all! I just got a 2019 GP1800R. I have the riva blow off valve (HKS) kit with charge pipe, Riva breather kit, throttle body mount from the great Greenhulk store, and riva ribbon delete...all ready to install. As I haven't yet picked up the ski from the dealer, I asked them to install everything for me and they quoted me a nice price to install everything. In an effort to save a couple bucks (to put towards the riva intake/exhaust, , I was researching the install for the blow off valve. A lot of other brands out there simply "T-in" to the map sensor hose, whereas RIva states not to do that for the HKS. Anyone know why?
    Thanks in advance!!

+1
    That line is used for fuel management and a disruption from the blow off valve or surge could affect the fuel mapping causing a lean condition and so it has been advisable to leave it alone and tap another port for the valve.

3. +1 by:

Awesome! Thanks so much. I wonder why so many companies recommend it. Iíll let the shop do the tap and new line.

+1
    Drill out the intake and tap it for it's own dedicated line. I installed the ribbon delete and tapped mine through both the plastic and metal ring for the extra strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    Drill out the intake and tap it for it's own dedicated line. I installed the ribbon delete and tapped mine through both the plastic and metal ring for the extra strength.
    What metal ring are you speaking of? I donít have the ski yet so I canít visualize. Sorry about that

+1
    Here's the diagram I used. It shows the recomended spot for both plastic and older metal intake manifolds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vacuume.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	445384  

+1
    The fitting is installed through the intake manifold into the ribbon delete ring. I ran a 4an fitting and braided line but you can do the same with the barb fitting. mine is placed on facing the hull and the front of the ski when the intake is oriented as it is installed. you can also tap the front side of the manifold nearest the intercooler as in the above instruction photograph. I have a separate line tapped there for my gauge reference line.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6517.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	445395  

Thread Information