Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    83mm nozzle or 85mm nozzle gp1800

    Does anybody run a 83mm nozzle on a gp1800 I'm running a 85mm and my rpms went down and gained 1mph but I'm thinking about going with a 83mm nozzle


  2. #2
    YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    3,663
    +1
    391
    Careful with the nozzles, you can stuff the pump and get hurt.

  3. #3
    Thanks for the info brotha �� I ran the 2014 fzr 85mm nozzle on the gp because I've seen a lot of people run them with no pump stuffing that's why I'm asking about the 83mm nozzle scared to run it at top speed im hitting 86mph on GPS so far a fall at that speed can kill you I'm guessing

  4. #4
    Saum700p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    371
    +1
    52
    I will be running an 83mm in the near future. Still going back together with it. Im hoping to be in the water this week sometime and have a good ride in Sunday.



    Update 4 hours on the GP this weekend and the nozzle works like a charm. Probably works because its a matched up set transom mod nozzle and impeller all came as a package. But no stuffing issue. No cavitaion.
    Last edited by Saum700p; 03-10-2019 at 11:36 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    I will be running an 83mm in the near future. Still going back together with it. Im hoping to be in the water this week sometime and have a good ride in Sunday.
    Your going to run an 83mm on a gp1800? And if you don't mind me asking where did you get an 83mm from from 2013 and older fzr??

  6. #6
    bryantjopplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    2,502
    +1
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by 2017 fx svho View Post
    Your going to run an 83mm on a gp1800? And if you don't mind me asking where did you get an 83mm from from 2013 and older fzr??
    I thought they were 87? I'll measure some when I get home. Got the og and the newer 6ev00 one. Not the et though.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Middle River, MD
    Posts
    528
    +1
    60
    They are 87 i went 85mm. I would not go to 83mm. I caution against that. Even with 85mm and the cone, I remove all spacers so I get down to almost no stuffing. If anything you can keep that nozzle stock and open up steering nozzle to 90 or 91mm but always keep steering nozzle bigger than pump nozzle.

    I wouldn't mess around to much with all that though. Get the lucky 13 cone first and tune from there and if you want you can always get the 85mm after that

  8. #8
    Saum700p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    371
    +1
    52
    The nozzle was custom made.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMD13 View Post
    They are 87 i went 85mm. I would not go to 83mm. I caution against that. Even with 85mm and the cone, I remove all spacers so I get down to almost no stuffing. If anything you can keep that nozzle stock and open up steering nozzle to 90 or 91mm but always keep steering nozzle bigger than pump nozzle.

    I wouldn't mess around to much with all that though. Get the lucky 13 cone first and tune from there and if you want you can always get the 85mm after that
    I'm running the 85mm from a 2014 fzr on my gp1800 and no stuffing thank God also I have a buddy running a 83mm on his fzr and no stuffing but dnt think I want to try the 83mm on my gp I'm happy with my 85mm

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Bahrain
    Posts
    51
    +1
    1
    I tried 83 nozzle with twin prop and 23 wheel on my gp1800 no cavitation at all but u will lose top speed in same time u will get strong holeshot . not recommend for that setup ( i used that setup for drag race 150 meters )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts 6S5 83mm SHO Nozzle, SHO Steering nozzle, trim rings, and 87mm 6BH Nozzle
    By ksalles in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2015, 01:49 PM
  2. changing riva nozzle ring 83mm to 85mm how much rpms increase
    By VENOM008 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2014, 01:40 PM
  3. WTB - Parts nozzle ring 84mm,85mm,83mm
    By otoss in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
  4. WTB WTT 85mm exit nozzle for 83mm sho/fz exit nozzle
    By 305coco in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 11:12 PM
  5. Rough water performance of 85mm Nozzle vs. 87mm Nozzle
    By Hydrotoys in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •