Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meth Injection

Meth Injection

Has anybody done it ? Seems like a better and more efficient alternative to upgraded cooling line and inner cooler.

I have a old Snow Stage 2 just sitting in Garage and thinking of adding a little insurance to reduce chances of detonation.

+1
    Great idea let me know how it goes !

This kit has been around the block and worked great, was originally on my 1000 HP Mustang, then went to my Turbo Charged Sonota and has been sitting collecting dust. On my Mustang with 2 nozzles it dropped intake temps 40 degrees up top. Never took measurements on Hyundai as it was just there for added octane because I raised the boost. It was a daily driver and nothing for performance.

+1
    My buddy has it on turbo busa 400hp works awesome, I spoke to dean about it he was up in the air about doing it also.

+1
    BadazzClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190303-220734_eBay.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	445350

6. +1 by:

I have a 32' single engine catamaran with a 540 pro-charged blower motor, I use meth injection on the boat motor bc you can't buy C16 fuel on the water. I think its a great idea, but how are you going to control the injection? The boat has a FAST engine management system that automatically injects the motor when it sees boost. I wonder how you would solve this on a ski?

boost reference would control, have meth begin injection at lets say 5psi and Ramp up to 100% by 12psi.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboX View Post
    Has anybody done it ? Seems like a better and more efficient alternative to upgraded cooling line and inner cooler.

I have a old Snow Stage 2 just sitting in Garage and thinking of adding a little insurance to reduce chances of detonation.
    It's not going to take the place of a good intercooler.
    You can benefit from meth injection if you have a stand alone ECU to control it and increase timing while it's being injected to see any benefit. You will still need a good intercooler.
    I recommend the Fizzle, or the new Riva intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboX View Post

On my 2.4 Ecotec N/A engine with a turbo and high compression pistons, it woke that up like no other running methanol. During the summer, I was maybe 9-10 degrees of advance at redline, after methanol I was pushing 15-16. If you're spark advance is knock limited, then you will win with water/meth injection, it's race gas on demand. By timing the combustion to maximize it's push on the piston, you get maximum torque every stroke where right now you can't optimize this because it's detonating.

For safety it is a good idea and will help keep your engine air tract and combustion chamber cleaner. You just add complexity with no HP benefit, unless you can increase your boost or timing or both.

+1
    Interesting question. I have used on a blown mustang with a Novi 2000. I think for a dedicated race application its a nice tool to use to prevent detonation and get more timing. You can use nitrous too in the same way, just at a very small hit to drop temp.

i have also seen people spray the outside of intercoolers instead of direct injection.

For regular use, I think it’s fine too I likely wouldn’t modify the tune though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information