Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Low RPM

  1. #1
    demon8991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    441
    +1
    35

    Low RPM

    Skis are as per the spec in the signature and have the Riva Stage 2 8500 tune on them both/

    Both skis have just had their cranks replaced as both had the leaking/corrosion problem, luckily this all went through on warranty as the bill for this is HUGE! In my opinion it should have been a recall.

    Took them out on the water recently to test them and the 2UP wont rev more than 7600rpm and the 3UP wont rev more than 7800rpm. It was 32 degrees and they were tested at sea level in salt water.

    Previous to the crank replacement both skis would rev around 8200rpm.

    Checked for error codes when I got back, nothing found.

    Any ideas why the RPMs would be so low?


  2. #2
    demon8991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    441
    +1
    35
    Can anyone help, I am stuck for ideas.

  3. #3
    edgelett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    381
    +1
    47
    Not sure I can offer any help mate other than that seems low.
    Have you tried returning to stock tune to see what happens?

  4. #4
    If they both went in for warranty, are you sure the dealer didn't put your machines back to the stock tune while trying to update the computer or something. My only other guess is they didn't put the correct props back on?

  5. #5
    demon8991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    441
    +1
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by edgelett View Post
    Not sure I can offer any help mate other than that seems low.
    Have you tried returning to stock tune to see what happens?
    I haven't done that but can try that next time I am out.

    Quote Originally Posted by TLB4 View Post
    If they both went in for warranty, are you sure the dealer didn't put your machines back to the stock tune while trying to update the computer or something. My only other guess is they didn't put the correct props back on?
    I asked them about the props and they said my props went back on.

    I also reflashed them when they came back.

    I have had them at WOT whilst on the hose at home and they rev to 8500 when out of the water.

  6. #6
    What ended up happening here?

  7. #7
    edgelett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    381
    +1
    47
    I checked my RPM when I was out on the weekend, was getting 8450.
    Any update on yours?

  8. #8
    demon8991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    441
    +1
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroboost View Post
    What ended up happening here?
    I haven't had any luck, I don't know what it could be.

    Quote Originally Posted by edgelett View Post
    I checked my RPM when I was out on the weekend, was getting 8450.
    Any update on yours?
    Yeah that is the RPM I expect to get.

  9. #9
    demon8991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    441
    +1
    35
    Ok so I may have got to the bottom of the Low RPM issue, despite originally saying that they didn't touch the impellers when doing the repair the dealership have re read their notes and have now told me they did repitch the impellers as they thought they were stock.

    So I now have 12/15 impellers that have been repitched to something else.

    Is it possible for these to be repitched back to 12/15 or are they a write off now?

    If it is possible, is there a certain measurement/guide they need to be?

  10. #10
    edgelett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    381
    +1
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by demon8991 View Post
    Ok so I may have got to the bottom of the Low RPM issue, despite originally saying that they didn't touch the impellers when doing the repair the dealership have re read their notes and have now told me they did repitch the impellers as they thought they were stock.

    So I now have 12/15 impellers that have been repitched to something else.

    Is it possible for these to be repitched back to 12/15 or are they a write off now?

    If it is possible, is there a certain measurement/guide they need to be?
    ah - that would explain the issue.
    far out why would they do that without discussing with you?

    I would be demanding the replace them with brand new 12/15 impellers personally.
    Do you know exactly what they repitched them to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Fireroute46

Similar Threads

  1. Sluggish Ski, Low Top speed, & Low RPM.
    By DuhKodak in forum Sea Doo Spark
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-15-2018, 11:31 PM
  2. 05' RXT 215 low RPM's, low speed, RPM's jump during idle
    By lmorefield41 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2018, 08:39 PM
  3. 2005 GTX Wake low rpm low power
    By Fvillar in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2016, 07:48 PM
  4. 2011 RXP 255 Seadoo need help Low RPM low thrust
    By Dominic Paul Abrams in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 01:28 AM
  5. 06 RXP Low RPM's, Supercharger, Low voltage...
    By dcvet in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 09:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •