Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

1st Post! 2019 GTX 230 a few questions.

Hoping this is the right place for this if not i apologize.

So the other day I Purchased a 2019 GTX 230 w/ Sound System got it OTD for $15,000 flat, felt pretty good then the contract people ask if I want discounted service. They explain that only authorized Sea-Doo dealers can do the routine maintenance or the warranty is voided (annoying) and that it has to happen every 6 months and its "$500-600 each time". I say sure and they explain the plan that costs $2,000 is valued at $3,000. A 33% savings paying for it now. They said this is for all scheduled maintenance for 3 years.... which they explained has to happen every 6 months. I bite, like an idiot and now I read through the manual and I'm mad.....

All that's scheduled is once a year or at 100 hours and then a slightly more involved service at 200 hours. So I called another local dealer to get a baseline and asked how much is there 100 hour service, expecting to hear $500-$600 and they said $260 + tax for the service.... The owners manual also does not specifically say you need a BRP dealer to do the work but it needs its scheduled maintenance which requires going into the ski's computer... LAME. Anyways now i'm pissed and want a refund I could buy 6 services for the price they sold me 6 for at a "discounted" rate. That would mean I would have to rack up 600 hours in the next 3 years which is not going to happen. So I'm going to request a refund before I leave my review... doing so I will probably save $750-$1000 just going in and paying for the service elsewhere. Anyways hopefully someone will read this and not fall into a service contract trap like I did. I had negotiated the whole deal before walking in down to 15k OTD and my girl being there and this guy throwing smoke screen threw me off.

Taking her out for the first time in the next couple days, first mod I'm doing is changing out the factory foam grip on the deck for Gator Step. I'll post pics of the template process for that and when its done and applied. Thanks for hearing me guys, I cant wait to learn all kinds of things on here.

+1
    Sorry to hear that, at least you got it straight now. Enjoy your new ski, welcome to the forum congrats once again.

Billy D

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RR697 View Post
    ... 2019 GTX 230 ...

... first mod I'm doing is changing out the factory foam grip on the deck for Gator Step. ...
    Welcome

May I ask why you are removing the factory traction mat material?

+1
    In my opinion it looks cheap and seems not very durable. Gator Step has many color options and you can have it look however you can dream it, so I think it will add an excellent aesthetic and be more durable.

+1
    "They explain that only authorized Sea-Doo dealers can do the routine maintenance or the warranty is voided"

As you know, you were lied to.

I would speak to the owner and tell them exactly why you won't be doing any further business with them.

Might be worth your time to drop a line to SeaDoo corporate to let them know of the shifty dealer.

I saw a post on Reddit recently where the op stated a SeaDoo rep told him the 2019's don't have carbon seals.

+1
    Update:

I called the dealer today and they told me the bar hag tag, owners manual and shop manual are wrong for the GTX 230 and that it has to be serviced every 50 hours just like the 1630 Ace , I explained to him how to read and showed him how that was wrong.... and he said well a rep told me once. Then I called BRP and they would not say a word. So I told them united states federal laws and consumer rights and they also had nothing to say. I may have to litigate. No fun. Not a fun way to become prt of the sea doo family. If I have to litigate im removing all Sea Doo labels from the Ski

+1
    Look at the Magnuson Moss Act on the link below. Around the middle of the page it talks about "tie-in sales" provisions. It specifically prohibits what they did to you and offers remedies. If you call them on it you may get a refund. I am assuming you live in the US. I can't tell from your profile.

https://www.mlmlaw.com/library/guide...s/undermag.htm

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk36 View Post
    Look at the Magnuson Moss Act on the link below. Around the middle of the page it talks about "tie-in sales" provisions. It specifically prohibits what they did to you and offers remedies. If you call them on it you may get a refund. I am assuming you live in the US. I can't tell from your profile.

https://www.mlmlaw.com/library/guide...s/undermag.htm
    Thanks! Yea currently I could argue violations on that act for BRP and the dealer. I just don’t want to go there. Today the sales guy said the GM was digging into it today and wants to do a refund for the plan they sold me under false pretenses. Was suppose to receive a call.... might just walk into there tomorrow with a cool head. I will let you guys know when I have my money back. Aswell I’m going to do a write-up on BRP and scammy shady dealer practices after I pick there brains more.
    ——BRP told me today on the phone the dealer can set any maintenance scehdule they want and that the dealers know best (not there R&D lmfao) , so I Said they can tell me to come in every 10 hours...... they said it again. i hung up on BRP——

Stay tuned for some How to guides that seem to be missing from the internet for the ST3 hull ski’s. Stoked on the ski and to be apart of the community.

Glad you figured out their scam! Don't take no for an answer. Demand a full refund no matter what anyone says or let them know they are in violation of the Magnusson-Moss act/law and will be hearing from your attorney. If they try to BS you, let them know that you WILL win the case if it goes to court and that they will be responsible for ALL costs (theirs, yours, and the court's) plus any fine the court levies.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've been through this before (I am, however, a quick learner)!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sktn77a View Post
    Glad you figured out their scam! Don't take no for an answer. Demand a full refund no matter what anyone says or let them know they are in violation of the Magnusson-Moss act/law and will be hearing from your attorney. If they try to BS you, let them know that you WILL win the case if it goes to court and that they will be responsible for ALL costs (theirs, yours, and the court's) plus any fine the court levies.

I'm not a lawyer, but I've been through this before (I am, however, a quick learner)!
    UPDATE!

After not too much back and forth they refunded the service plan, they know they were wrong and they also knew I was not funnin around. So all in all i'm very pleased with the purchase price of the ski and I'm ready to rock. thanks for the help guys!

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information