Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Old ski no hours

I just bought a 2006 RXP that was never in the water! 0 hrs. What should I check before starting?Drain fuel put in fresh,little oil in cylinders,what else? super charger rebuild? no hrs but time on plastic Bering cages and ceramic washers. Thanks in advance for help. I am new to 4 stroke sc

+1
    Wow 2006 0Hrs.

3. +1 by:

What's the story on the ski? Display model lol?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbikes View Post
    I just bought a 2006 RXP that was never in the water! 0 hrs. What should I check before starting?Drain fuel put in fresh,little oil in cylinders,what else? super charger rebuild? no hrs but time on plastic Bering cages and ceramic washers. Thanks in advance for help. I am new to 4 stroke sc
    Change fuel, fog oil in the cylinders before you turn it over, new spark plugs, change oil and filter & i would do the super charger because of the time that has past and don't want to take the chance, what is a few hundred for the rebuild of the super charger vs couple thousand for motor rebuild

I just hope the hrs are true and someone didnt change it with B.U.D.S megatech

6. +1 by:

The guy bought it and a week later went to jail .I guess lol? I also need a key I need to send the pcm someplace to program a key ? Thanks for the help!! Yes you can tell it was never in water and started Maybe briefly

+1
    Good find! Just curious, what did you have to give for a 'brand new' 2006 'Ski?

+1
    You definitely want to replace the ceramic washers so al long as it's out, get it rebuilt.
    With having to send off the ECU for a key, every thing should be back and you should have a great time riding.

Hope the guy didn't go to jail for stealing skis.

I would verify that it has the updated valves on the head too. You can pull the valve cover and take a pic of the stems right under the rocker. If they have a 72 stamped on them they need replacing. 2006 was the turnover year for the update and have seen the older valves on them. The only other weak link would be flywheel bolts.

Being that it is a practically new ski i would do the valves, flywheel bolts, and supercharger rebuild with updated kit. You migh invest another 1000 but that thing will run and run afterwards.

Thousand bucks with the trailer and cover

Quote Originally Posted by mmmbikes View Post
    Thousand bucks with the trailer and cover
    WHAT? Thousand with trailer and cover?

Great deal!!!..... I need to find deals like this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information