Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trckdrvr View Post
    Those dont even look like the right wheels for a 2018 WCll
    They don't look like my 2018?
    They look identical to the ones on their website. Do you have 13s?

I'm not really concerned on that grease color, if you have a grease in hand with the color you want pull the cap off clean it and re lubes. Did you Jack the trailer and check for play? The grease splatter concerns me

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toledoupsguy View Post
    Other side is a blackish grey
    That confirms that grease is not only splattering out, but water is also getting in (likely via that inboard spindle seal).
    FWIW, the altered (tan) grease color in the suspect wheel indicates emulsification with water.... can we say Mayo.

+1
    Yup looks like water in there to me. I check my wheels lugs and other checks every time I go out and yes it is also in my Karavan trailer book for the owner to do these routine checks. If I did not I would have never found the rotted axle. See my other post in trailers.

+1
    do you want to correct this issue yourself or take it to dealer? if you want dealer to correct issue just take it to them.
    If it were mine I would just pull off wheel and unbolt hub and clean bearings really well and if seals are in question at all i would replace them. I have used Timken brand in past but also used National brand.
    The color of the grease in your pic does not matter since it is outside the grease zerk/bearing area (unless i am seeing wrong).

take off the hubs, clean them really well and repack with a good marine grease and likely will never have an issue if assembled back correctly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trckdrvr View Post
    Those dont even look like the right wheels for a 2018 WCll
    They don't look like my 2018?
    They are the optional rims offered by Triton, with E rated tires. Have'em on my Triton single.

+1
    Iím not sure I understand the issue here. It seems obvious that you have a bad seal which needs to be replaced. Either do it yourself or take it to the dealer.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DealsGapCobra View Post
    I’m not sure I understand the issue here. It seems obvious that you have a bad seal which needs to be replaced. Either do it yourself or take it to the dealer.
    Thank you for all the replies. We had a seal go bad on our magic tilt trailer with a 27' baja on it and the grease never looked like that, it stayed blue. So I wasn't sure if that was from the bad seal causing the grease to look like a chocolate milkshake or something else.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I think grease triton uses from the factory is kind of a tan color

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toledoupsguy View Post
    Thank you for all the replies. We had a seal go bad on our magic tilt trailer with a 27' baja on it and the grease never looked like that, it stayed blue. So I wasn't sure if that was from the bad seal causing the grease to look like a chocolate milkshake or something else.
    There actually is an explanation for this . . . many marine-grade grease products are specifically formulated to resist mixing with water. These are usually blue in color.
    Here's my rule of thumb: if the (new) grease is black or translucent tan - it's likely ordinary grease. If it's blue (and expensive $$) - it's likely marine grade.
    Once these grease mixes with water, the respective colors each will shift to more opaque.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information