Yamaha FXHO MR1 performance gains

Hi
    Not long been on the forum and having seen some dramatic improvements to my ski, just wondered where I am on what others have seen with the same ski and mods. Iím not sure my ski will go any quicker than it does now. Nor does it need to Haha.

When standard and a poor prop and wear ring. It saw around 54/55 gps.
    Since then, Iíve fitted the following parts. Some new, some used.

Riva air filter
    Riva velocity intakes
    Riva free flow
    Worx intake
    Solas Dynafly 14/20Ē prop and new wear ring
    R&D (I think) pump seal kit
    Sealed all joins with CT1
    Iridium plugs

I couldnít believe the difference in all round performance and the gain in top end.

The ski has recorded 64.3 gps in fresh water and with over half a tank at the time. It will run at 63/63 in any conditions almost and any load on board. I think it might run slightly faster in sea water and with less fuel perhaps.

How does that compare to others ?

Thanks

Man that’s a great speed, I had a fx140 and after the riva package it ran 58 but stock it ran 55 so most likely ur pump was messed up bc a stock ho runs 58/59

Thanks Seabrook. Yeah was amazed at the difference. The wear ring and prop were pretty done standard. Didnít think it would, but the pump seal kit made a difference too. Also noticed the throttle body butterfly flaps werenít opening fully before. The throttle cable linkage had come loose on its thread and wound back. Wasnít helping. Now making over 10,000 rpm and pretty quick for not being supercharged.

Seabrook. My friend literally just bought an fx140. Itís not performing ideally. Only running about 53 gps. It has the Riva RPM kit, exhaust and prop. I think itís cavitating pretty bad too. Was thinking it should see what you have said at around late 50ís. One thing I noticed is how mich heavier it feels than my FXHO. Must be a different hull. Almost looks like a XLT hull. Iíve asked some of it is...havenít heard an answer though.

Hey man yeah I had the same problem on mine- there is a little rubber seal on the ride plate that will blow out and without it the 140 will cavitate. I ordered my from GreenHulk parts and it was cheap.

Yes the fx140 is so heavy itís a boat lol I think the fxho has a lighter hull material

Quote Originally Posted by QBhoy View Post
    Thanks Seabrook. Yeah was amazed at the difference. The wear ring and prop were pretty done standard. Didnít think it would, but the pump seal kit made a difference too. Also noticed the throttle body butterfly flaps werenít opening fully before. The throttle cable linkage had come loose on its thread and wound back. Wasnít helping. Now making over 10,000 rpm and pretty quick for not being supercharged.
    Yes I saw ur numbers and stock they were low but now ur perfect!!! I love the fxho to me it was one of the best skiis Yamaha produced especially once u do the riva kit!!!

Superb thing so far. Canít fault it. So fast for a N/A and big hull like that.

Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    Hey man yeah I had the same problem on mine- there is a little rubber seal on the ride plate that will blow out and without it the 140 will cavitate. I ordered my from GreenHulk parts and it was cheap.

Yes the fx140 is so heavy itís a boat lol I think the fxho has a lighter hull material
    Ah. Thanks for the tip. We will have a look.

+1
    Nice numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Nice numbers!
    Thanks. Really impressed...running even better now. Discovered the throttle body butterflies werenít opening fully. All down to a loosening locking nut on the throttle cable linkage at the throttle bodies. Amazing performance from her now.

Thread Information