+1

WTF Triton, why be cheap on elite trailer?

Was looking online for some Triton parts and found these, went and looked at my 2018 Elite WCII and it doesn't have the aluminum reinforcements. Looked online at Triton's website and they aren't listed on the parts list for my trailer. Why does the Elite trailer not come with the bunks that are sold as replacements for the Elite trailers? Saved a few pennies I guess.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triton-09778-6-Foot-Bunk-Assembly-for-PWC-Series-Trailers/122674946743?epid=1301471579&hash=item1c8fff22b7:g:ycsAAOSwhvFZCkJ7:rk:21f:0

https://www.hannarv.com/P/18738/Trit...otBunkAssembly

+1
    What?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trckdrvr View Post
    What?
    Just griping about nothing probably. The WCII trailer I bought is one of Triton's elite series. When I saw these bunks with the aluminum support bar I went and looked at my bunks and they don't have the supports. Looking at triton's parts sheets they only come on the 4 placer and tandem axle 2 place. Why skimp on a few dollars of aluminum angle on a $2100 "elite" trailer?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Some of the Triton trailers I have had over the years, the bunks did come with the aluminum L stiffening rib/rail underneath.

Some of my Tritons did not, so I purchased and added aluminum U-channel underneath as a bunk stiffener.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toledoupsguy View Post
    Was looking online for some Triton parts and found these, went and looked at my 2018 Elite WCII and it doesn't have the aluminum reinforcements. Looked online at Triton's website and they aren't listed on the parts list for my trailer. Why does the Elite trailer not come with the bunks that are sold as replacements for the Elite trailers? Saved a few pennies I guess.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triton-09778-6-Foot-Bunk-Assembly-for-PWC-Series-Trailers/122674946743?epid=1301471579&hash=item1c8fff22b7:g:ycsAAOSwhvFZCkJ7:rk:21f:0

https://www.hannarv.com/P/18738/Trit...otBunkAssembly
    Go to Ace Hardware, buy the desired aluminum L bracket for about $9 each, add them to your current bunks. Done. There are other optional items for Triton trailers, like these:

https://www.hannarv.com/P/35504/Trit...kBracket-2Pack

+1
    Adding you own "L" channel is fine . . . but might cause other issues if one goes too ridged.
    Normally, the bunks should have "some" give (bend) to them - aka not absolute straight-stiff (unless you are supporting the pwc elsewhere as well). It's a principle of straight bunks against a curved hull may permit high pressure-points against the hull.
    When there is some permissible bend/flex to the bunks, this will cradle the hull more evenly, and allow added shock absorption from transient trailer vibrations. Note that fortified Triton "L" supports are relatively sized just right, thus if DIY'ing on your own, I'd tend to provision similar gauge/size material.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Adding you own "L" channel is fine . . . but might cause other issues if one goes too ridged.
    Normally, the bunks should have "some" give (bend) to them - aka not absolute straight-stiff (unless you are supporting the pwc elsewhere as well). It's a principle of straight bunks against a curved hull may permit high pressure-points against the hull.
    When there is some permissible bend/flex to the bunks, this will cradle the hull more evenly, and allow added shock absorption from transient trailer vibrations. Note that fortified Triton "L" supports are relatively sized just right, thus if DIY'ing on your own, I'd tend to provision similar gauge/size material.
    Point well taken. I will determine the proper dimensions of the L bracket and will advise as soon as I can.

+1
    Aluminum L bracket for DIY: 1/8" x 1" x 4'. L Bracket needs to be shortened 6".

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Aluminum L bracket for DIY: 1/8" x 1" x 4'. L Bracket needs to be shortened 6".
    Thank you

+1
    What do you mean you added U-channel for bunk stiffener?
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Some of the Triton trailers I have had over the years, the bunks did come with the aluminum L stiffening rib/rail underneath.

Some of my Tritons did not, so I purchased and added aluminum U-channel underneath as a bunk stiffener.

Thread Information