Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why is it so Hard to find mods to do for the 2018 Yamaha VX Cruisef?

Aloha,
    I've been searching around for months, to find mods that I can do for these machines and it's tough. Only the VX HO's are plentiful to find, but not for the VX crusiers. Why is this?

I bought a Solas Impeller, but it was the wrong angled pitch on it, so my top speed dropped by 20 miles per hr. (Not GPS reading, just tach reading)

I have the new riva ride plate coming in a few days.

I have already done the exhaust thing and the open air filter thing along with taking out that restrictor as well.

What else can be done without having to do things like I would with my cars and do cam swaps (if there's such a thing with these engines) and stuff like that.

I can't even find a reprogramming device for these.

Suggestions anybody?

I tried asking this on another forum. One nice gentalmen suggested me to ask on here......

"You cant make a snail faster.

Its not a "performance" ski ...if you want to go gaster buy something that does."

To me, that's the fun of working on machines, to make them do spending they afternoon intended to do. Like customizing cars and stuff. Sure, you can buy something that's meant to do something that your trying to make your current project do.....

+1
    There isn't a whole lot of additional speed to be attained on the VX, but there is some. Reflashed ECM, Jims ride plate, ribbon delete, but its debatable whether it makes any difference. Free flow exhaust without the noise, and a freer flowing intake. Once that's installed you purchase your impeller and have it pitched to match your new reflashed ECM WOT RPM's. Don't just willy nilly buy an impeller and wish for the best. Mods have to be well thought out and methodically installed for best results

3. +1 by:

+1
    I wouldn’t waste a nickel modding one of these. You will get very little results to show, destroy resale value and the $/gains ratio way to high. You will be better off spending he extra money on an HO or as a SVHO model.

You don’t see many mods because they are generally pointless.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I don’t see how a few bolt on parts hurts resale. Then again I plan to keep my stuff and could care less about resale. It’s worth what it’s worth when I try and sell it some day

+1
    Hello did the ribbon delete help with any more top end speed or more RPM,s??? I think what everyone is saying if you want more speed it is by far better to sell your 2018 vx cruiser and buy a new VX HO, it will cost you less in the long run and you will still have your warranty in place. Otherwise put a fresh coat of wax on your VX and enjoy what you have its a great ski as it is.

Quick answer is this isnnot a performance focus ski. Typically people who want to
    mod for performance stick to high performance models to start and build from there. Basically you’d spend a few thousand dollars in mods on this ski just to get to the performance level of a stock SVHO model.
    Soooo, buy the VXR GP or FX SVHO...

As far as cosmetic mods or handling mods anything already made for the VXR or GP should work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    I donít see how a few bolt on parts hurts resale. Then again I plan to keep my stuff and could care less about resale. Itís worth what itís worth when I try and sell it some day
    many people think mods make the ski less reliable and they balk at buying a modded ski. Shit you could leave them on and say itís stock and nobody knows the difference...

by the way, itís 2019, you should know by now it is ďI COULD NOT care lessĒ...

I mdded my old vx it made it a little more fun to ride but didnít help the top end.

+1
    by seabrook Sounds like wherever in NC that is- it SUCKS!!!

Sounds like BS BS Seabrook never owned one, be honest now Seabrook,... from Seabrook Park NC
    All the years I ever know you I never saw you own one or ever ride one. I also know Uncle John would not buy you one because of all the bills you have incurred.

This happens to you every time you stop taking your Risperdal and remember to take it with milk just before bed time.

Take care
    Your Loving Cousin
    CJ
    Last edited by cjk6119; 02-19-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    by seabrook Sounds like wherever in NC that is- it SUCKS!!!

Sounds like BS BS Seabrook never owned one, be honest now Seabrook,... from Seabrook Park NC
    All the years I ever know you I never saw you own one or ever ride one. I also know Uncle John would not buy you one because of all the bills you have incurred.

This happens to you every time you stop taking your Risperdal and remember to take it with milk just before bed time.

Take care
    Your Loving Cousin
    CJ
    Kinda figured all along u were a troll so now itís confirmed

Make sure you take ur lunch to school lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information